Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the Claymation

Fans
February 12, 2009, 11:48 PM

Harry Potter fans are well known for their talent and creativity; tonight we have another clear example of that in action. A fan has made a claymation movie of  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that is now available to watch online.
,br>Starting here with the dramatic opening at Malfoy Manor, the stop -action claymation fan film runs over four hours in length, and is in 26 parts. While this is clearly a fan adaptation, labor of love and the filmmaker's personal vision of the beloved final book in the Harry Potter series, you can see some truly amazing work as depictions of things like the adventures in Gringotts, the heartbreaking moments at Shell Cottage, the epic battle for Hogwarts, the pivotal events with Nagini, Snape and the Prince's Tale, and the emotional Forest scene are all vividly brought to life. Enjoy!

Thanks so much Thiego!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

06_thumb

the detail is amazing! this must have taken a billion years! o_O

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on February 13, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator

Wow! That is so amazing. I can’t wait to watch it. It is so cool that there are so many fan films of parts of Deathly Hallows out there. It really makes the long wait for the real movie more bearable. And there are some truly brilliant fan films out there. But I’ve never seen one that did the whole entire story of Deathly Hallows. Again, wow. This is too awesome!

Posted by badger666 on February 14, 2009, 12:39 AM report to moderator

This is wonderful so far. I love it!

Posted by badger666 on February 14, 2009, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

“Emmm question……in the US version of DH….does Mr Weasly come for the Dursleys? Or did the claymation goes do a WB and make a few creative changes ;)”

OK, I know you said this in a non-serious, and totally innocent playful manner. But I just wanted to take this oportunity to stand on a soapbox for a moment.

DO A WB?!? It’s not a WB. Do you think we’re so special? Do you think we’re the only victims? Do you think we’re the only fandom whose movies are different from the source material? Look around more at other adaptations over the many years and see just how lucky we are with everything WB as included in these movies. There are other stories of fiction which have received much, much, much, much, much, much more changes to the story than Harry Potter ever has.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on February 14, 2009, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Wow.. this is so amazing. It must have taken forever. I’ve only seen the first part so far, but when I have time to spare I’m certainly going to sit down and watch the whole thing.

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on February 14, 2009, 02:16 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

I’ve only seen the trailer and the epilogue of this miniseries, but I feel that it’s a much closer representation of DH than the WB may give us. This is what I had in mind as an adaptation of this series when I first read SS in 1999: an animated miniseries.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on February 14, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I’ve watched the whole thing now…it was wonderful! I can’t wait to hear from him on Pottercast and I hope we can help him find a job! :)

Posted by eiVega on February 14, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator

Unbelievable!

I love it!

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 14, 2009, 05:02 AM report to moderator
Sparkler_thumb

Oh. My. Goody-good-goodness. That was amazing. The Avada Kedavra from Voldemort actually sent shivers down my spine.

Posted by Prof_Tofty on February 14, 2009, 05:34 AM report to moderator
Cimg0309_thumb

Wow! Thank you for making this!

Posted by Sash1113 on February 14, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

This is pretty terrific. Is Warner Brothers having a fit?

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on February 14, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Books_covers_us_deluxed_dh_1-2_thumb

Ooo cool! (runs off to watch videos)

Posted by Emily Erland on February 14, 2009, 11:20 AM report to moderator

That was amazing!

Posted by aimeelani on February 14, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

That is amazing!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 14, 2009, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Hufflepufftie_thumb

Wow, that’s so neat!

Posted by Scarlette on February 14, 2009, 12:22 PM report to moderator

"Professor McGonagall told me what awful things have happened when wizards have meddled with time... Loads of them ended up killing their past or future selves by mistake!"