First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dscn0187_thumb

I think it might be Spinner’s End. I hope it’s not Godric’s Hallow, simply because that isn’t at all how I pictured the houses in my mind.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

But wouldn’t Spinners End have been in HBP? Hmmmm

I have no clue what this set could be!

Posted by Stephanie J on February 19, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Also, Spinners End is supposed to be a street in an industrial town, not a village.

Posted by The Niffler [WBM!] on February 19, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

i think it looks like Godric’s hollow, it seems to bright and pretty and homely for spinners end. it looks really good though :)

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on February 19, 2009, 02:47 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I hope it’s Godrics Hollow. It is so exciting getting to see some of the production pictures.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 19, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Looks like Godric’s Hollow to me.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on February 19, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

Hi all, I took the pics and have just had a look close-up at one of the others and they do look very much like the sort of thing you would see in an old village.

Is it permitted to post a link here? If so I will do it!

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator

Spinner’s end should be more like a row of Victorian terraces like in the old mill towns in the north of England, going from the description in the books, dead end street, canal, factory etc, so I’d vote for this being Godric’s Hollow.

Posted by anne1 on February 19, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator

I can’t stand when all this starts up…I just get so excited and knowing I have soo long to wait is killing me. But keep the news coming, I still love to hear about it.

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 19, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@hpluver88, GREAT POINT!

Now that I think about it, I don’t remember Spinner’s End being in DH either.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 19, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator

I think it’s that cafe at Totehan Court Road.

Posted by Sofiagw on February 19, 2009, 03:04 PM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

Cool! I hope there is more!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on February 19, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

I would say not to that, knowing Tottenham Court Road!

Anyone know about links…otherwise I’ll just post and hope I’m not breaking the rules!

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator

following on from my previous at 3.01, though I think it more likely to be GH than SE, I also agree with Laura Keaton, I imagined GH as being more like the setting they used for the village that is being used for Slughorn’s? with the war memorial, and the cottage looking much smaller than this, a small two up, two down.

Except that the Philosopher’s Stone film showed a farmhouse as the setting, so I also thought they would stick with that for DH for consistency.

So um.. I don’t think it looks either SE or GH, but I would favour GH because SE would be so wrong looking like this.

sorry to ramble

Posted by anne1 on February 19, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator

and definitely not Tottenham Court Road!!

Posted by anne1 on February 19, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator

"I've put an Unbreakable Charm on the jar, you see, so [Rita Skeeter] can't transform. And I've told her she's to keep her quill to herself for a whole year. See if she can't break the habit of writing horrible lies about people."[br]Smiling serenely, Her

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014