First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Greenavatar_thumb

I bet it’s Godric’s Hollow. Oh, I can’t wait for this movie !

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 19, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

Its something remote, out in the country. There are lots of villages that still have those old world Tudor-like cottages, especially in the West Country.

That would fit nicely with Godrics Hollow.

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
N1012410067_30004165_424_thumb

Godric’s Hollow? Luna’s house? Tonk’s parents? Bill and Fleur?

!!!!

Posted by Olivia on February 19, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Dscf1056_thumb

Well,

Luna’s house was quite distinctive in shape…like a rook wasn’t it?

Shell cottage was in a remote place…

Tonks parents? I got the impression (but could be wrong) that it was still in the city?

Posted by johnhuk on February 19, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Me_2010_thumb

@Olivia: I think the Lovegood’s house would be a little more kooky looking that (at least, I hope!)

Posted by Stephanie J on February 19, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yeah it probably is Godrics Hollow.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 19, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@StefanM94, we get to see some of the EPL games over here, but not a lot of them. I’m mostly familiar with ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Liverpool. I guess they usually make up the top four in the league? I’m a HUGE fan of Steven Gerrard, so this season I’m rooting for Liverpool. But in the past, I’ve rooted for Arsenal (I like Cesc Fabegras a lot) and Chelsea (I like Frank Lampard & John Terry). I don’t root for ManU although Ronaldo is an amazing player. Winning just seems too easy for ManU. I prefer teams that are challenged.

Apologies for being so off-topic to everyone who is not StefanM94. I couldn’t write on his parchment or send him an owl.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 19, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

Myabe its the burrow

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on February 19, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

I vote for Godric’s Hollow as the most likely option!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 19, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator

I’m getting excited for Deathly Hallows and haven’t even seen Half-Blood Prince yet. :p

Probably Godric’s Hollow…

Posted by on February 19, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

i dunno ppl…..my first thought was godric’s hollow…but then it looks king of like spinners end, but godrics hollow plays a bigger role in dh right? BUT WHAT THE HECK!!!! ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dang it im jazzed :P

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on February 19, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I think it could be Godric’s Hollow or Ted Tonks’s house. Hm. Anyway, nice pictures =]

Posted by Christine on February 19, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

I doubt it’s the Tonks Residence, as Harry will probably go straight to the Burrow after the motorcycle attack. (They have to streamline something, don’t they?) I would say Godric’s Hollow, maybe even Bathilda Bagshot’s.

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on February 19, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Hmm…, this big building could either be the church at Godric’s Hollow or the Malfoy manor (?) I think there were other houses around the manor…

Posted by Mr. Brightside on February 19, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

oh my goodness! the pictures were great, but that very official looking document was the coolest thing for me! how awesome! movie magic at it’s best!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on February 19, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Hermione, who was taking more subjects than either of them, had not only finished all her homework but was also finding time to knit more elf clothes. Harry had to admit that she was getting better; it was now almost always possible to distinguish betwee