First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_thumb

The end the end! Wow, they are alreading building and filming DH! This to me looks like Godric’s Hollow!

Posted by wizardinventor on February 19, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@anne1, I ride the subways in NY, so I know where you’re coming from. Nothing like being packed in like cattle!

Don’t you just love Steven Gerrard?? He’s such a great player. He and Torres are a really good scoring duo. Love to watch them play. I wish they’d broadcast more Liverpool matches over here.

I’m going to see if there’s a group for football fans. It could be a great learning experience for me!

Apologies again for being off-topic guys, but this is so exciting for me!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 19, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

awesome. ye it looks like Godrics Hollow

Posted by Chad on February 19, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator

Maybe it is for the end of the Seven Potters when they arrive at the Tonks’ place?

Posted by Sophie on February 19, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Img_0763_thumb

I’m thinking Godric’s Hollow. I’m getting really excited for DH and HBP isn’t even out yet!

Posted by Bella1951 (WBM) on February 19, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Page-7987_thumb

This is definitely Godrics Hollow =]

Posted by QuidditchCaptain on February 19, 2009, 08:07 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Could it be Malfoy Manor? I agree that the style looks quaint and lovely like it could be Godric’s Hollow, but WOW that’s a HUGE house if it is just Godric’s Hollow!! That’s why I suggest possibly Malfoy Manor…..

Posted by PineappleCrush on February 19, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

I’m looking at it again, and although I was thinking about it and Malfoy Manor would probably be a little bit bigger… the Malfoys like to be a little… over the top. haha. But if you look at the pictures, the outside isn’t finished, only the middle part is and the middle part looks like dark bricks!

Regardless, can’t WAIT!!!!!

Posted by PineappleCrush on February 19, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

OMG!!!! i actually thought it was Zeno’s house idk y i just did :/ o well it looks fantastic and idk seeing the list and how harry potter 7 was filming made me scream lol

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on February 19, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator

Awesome! I think it’s probably Godric’s Hollow.

Posted by badger666 on February 19, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Yay! news about the movie! Im excited this report be a good thing (they are keeping a scene from the bks) or a some what bad thing (a scene add from the directors mind)!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 19, 2009, 09:25 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

that is so kool! i think that it is most likely godrics hallow. whatever it is it should be awesome though!

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on February 19, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Hg53qu2_thumb

I think it could be the village of Godric’s Hollow, but not Bathilda’s house. They had to follow ‘Bathilda’ far out of town to a house away from others, and those houses are too close together to fit that. But since they are going to an awful lot of trouble to build all of that, they may be using it for Bathilda’s house. In order to film the whole falling out of the window bit they would need a controlled set, not a real house, which would explain building all of this.

Posted by Chrysanthemum on February 19, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator

Could it be Malfoy Manor?

Posted by SybilT on February 20, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_april08_002_thumb

thats totally godrics hollow! i cant wait :)

Posted by iheartrw on February 20, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator

"...I'm not a very popular dinner guest with most of the community," said Lupin. "It's an occupational hazard of being a wereworlf."