First Look: Set for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Under Construction at Pinewood Studios

DH Film
February 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hang on everyone, as we have a bit of a treat for you today! With filming now underway on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, today we have word of a set being built for using in HP7. TLC reader John was on a tour of Pinewood Studios in London, England, and was shown a set under construction to be used for the final Harry Potter film. As seen here in our image galleries, this special set is a row of houses, being built in a thick grove of trees and there is a pond nearby in the garden area of Pinewood studios. Readers will recall of course, that the bulk of filming for the Harry Potter films is normally done at Leavesden Studios, and as stated here on this paper, this is a set being built special over at Pinewood special for HP7. We do not know what scene this set is for (The Forest Scene, Godric's Hollow etc) as no details were provided to those on the tour.

Thanks ever so much John!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Iconator_77bb337efe9e8c2f9da191f0c527a9f4_thumb

its too charming for spinners end.
got to be godrics hallow

Posted by Great Uncle Algie on February 20, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Oh my! They all look bloody brilliant! :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on February 20, 2009, 01:43 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

It’s so exciting!! Although it is kind of weird, to have not even seen HBP and now start thinking about DH….

Yeah, it’s Godric’s Hollow. I wonder if they’re going to have that flashback to the night it all began? I REALLY hope so!!!

Posted by TheCrogePodge on February 20, 2009, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

omg I’m so excited about DH

Posted by NoeLover42 on February 20, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

YES!!!!! I’m sooo excited!!!!!! …and I also think it looks like Godric’s Hollow! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on February 20, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Harrypottermus128506258784218750_thumb

O.MG. most h.p stuff happen in anerica so i am so glad us brits get some exitement-no offence U.S of A

Posted by Riddikulus kid {ROAR} on February 20, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Img_0041_thumb

It’s either godric’s hollow or tonks.. but i’m going for godric’s hollow.. it’s too old for tonks

Posted by HPGENIUS !ROAR! on February 20, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Dsc06960_39501345_thumb

I agree (with almost everyone), I also think it is Godrics Hollow. It just fits so well :)

Posted by hippochip on February 20, 2009, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Definitely Godric’s Hollow. This looks too picturesque for Spinner’s End. Squee!

I had a very definite idea of what Godric’s Hollow looks like and this isn’t far from it. :)

Posted by Ravenclawed on February 20, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I’m so excited!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 20, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Yesss!! I can’t wait for the DH films!!

I was thinking that the use of Pinewood was strange, so thanks for addressing that Sue! I agree with the majority that think it’s Godric’s Hollow. It has that feel about it.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on February 20, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Awesome ! I can’t wait for this movie it’s going to be immense. I also think it is likely to be godrics hollow.

Posted by spiritbound on February 20, 2009, 09:00 AM report to moderator
Wolfpatronus2_thumb

Cool, no idea where that’s suppose to be though, maybe some added scene that wasn’t in the book.

Posted by half-blood queen~ROAR~ on February 20, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator
006-2_thumb

I was thinking it might be Malfoy Manor… that’s not really how I pictured it, and it does look like a row of houses, but maybe when we’ll see it all up together it’ll look like a creepy yet elegant manor?
If not, then I vote for GH too. Definitely not Spinner’s End, Shell Cottage or the Lovegoods’ place in my opinion, and I do think it would be weird to build such a set for the Tonk’s family’s house. Maybe some random village?
It might be Godric’s Hollow, but not the Potters’ house? Another part of the village? who knows?

Posted by Germain on February 20, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Moodysdobby_thumb

Oh I can’t wait!!! Looks great!

Posted by Moody One ♥ROAR♥ on February 20, 2009, 12:04 PM report to moderator

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding,'"she was saying, "and then there's A --"[br]"No, E," George corrected her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations.' And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turnin