Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Always_thumb

Can’t wait for that scene, it’s gonna be awesome. Matt is a great actor im sure he will do it great justice.

Posted by spiritbound on February 02, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Davidtennant_thumb

I look forward to see him in DH! I loved Neville so much in that book. Matthew Lewis seem to be a great guy as well and I think he’ll do excellent :)

Posted by thereshegoes on February 02, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

<<<but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers.>>>

Who isn’t looking forward to our wee Neville going all Sam Jackson on Nagini! Wooo!

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on February 02, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Meg_og_freiman_avatar_thumb

I can’t wait till that scene with Neville using the sword on Nagini! I really hope they’ll include it, ‘cause that’s one of the most important scenes in DH! Matthew is great as Neville, hope he’ll continue with acting after HP!

Posted by Ingvia [ROAR] on February 02, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Pc060024_thumb

I’m so excited to see that part in the film, I’m sure Matt is gonna give an awesome performance of Neville kicking butt!

Posted by Bekhee on February 02, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

can’t wait for the snake scene. wow.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 02, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

I cannot wait to see him swing that sword! And I love hearing him in interviews, it’s great when you know the actors are as interested/invested in the stories as we are.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on February 02, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

“Still can’t believe they’re going to trust me with a sword, though.” He’s so Neville! And just like Neville, we know he’ll take that sword and be victorious! Even if it’s only over his own feared clumsiness.

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on February 02, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Haciopblue_thumb

Matt Lewis is the best. _ Neville in movie(s) 7 will be amazing.

Posted by Firefly's Locket on February 02, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

I’m so excited for that movie, and especially that part ! Neville is such a great character, and we really see this in DH, I think Matt’s going to be amazing ! I love it how he says the books mean so much to him, it’s good to have characters who are really into the books.

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 02, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Wizards_chess_3_thumb

Matt is so awesome! I’m very much looking forward to seeing him in DH. The scene where come comes into Aberforth’s pub to bring the trio into Hogwarts will be amazing. It will be like the unveiling of the “hero” Neville that we’ve known was there ever since he joined the DA!

Posted by WntrHeart28 on February 02, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Wizards_chess_3_thumb

Posted by WntrHeart28 on February 02, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

It’s great to see someone dedicated to the character they play like Matt is.

Posted by phantomdave79 on February 02, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator

Ahh, Great minds think alike. I can’t wait to see how that scene plays out as well, Matt!

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 02, 2009, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagall_thumb

Neville is my favorite character, I have been biting my nails hoping they won’t give killing Nagini to Ron or something. I just can’t wait to watch Neville kill Nagini!

Posted by Kneazle_Bait on February 02, 2009, 12:47 PM report to moderator

"Harry, you prat," said Ron, "you didn't take that song thing seriously, did you? Dumbledore wouldn't have let any of us drown!"[br]"The song said --"[br]"It was only to make sure you got back inside the time limit!" said Ron. "I hope you didn't waste tim