Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

i’m excited about the "the sword swinging, snake killing bit " as well. woooo matthew lewis <3 !! :)

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on February 02, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Aw dam how come we didn’t hear of this? I wanted to hear how depressed Matt has become, from one Leeds United fan to another :( Tough times!

Posted by KiwiMcI on February 02, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Harryp_thumb

Matt is going to rock in DH. Can’t wait!!1

Posted by Christine on February 02, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

That is going to be an amazing scene and Matt will do a great job.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 02, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator

yeah i canĀ“t wait to see that scene, and they had better to it justice!

Posted by Kamzie13 on February 02, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
N578845455_1721355_2814_thumb

I love Matt Lewis! He is going to be so great in Deahtly Hallows, I just know he will. I love that hes so excited.

Posted by hercurvestofear on February 02, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

kind of a no brainer what his most anticapated scene would be, that being said the scene should be awesome and i know matt will nail it err slice it? lol. as for him not getting a script yet for part one its not that big of deal as neville doesn’t apper in DH until the chapters leading up to the battle of Hogwarts and i cannot expect any other them willbe inthe first part as its my belief they will split it at the point Ron leave or when he comes back

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on February 02, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

kind of a no brainer what his most anticapated scene would be, that being said the scene should be awesome and i know matt will nail it err slice it? lol. as for him not getting a script yet for part one its not that big of deal as neville doesn’t appear in DH until the chapters leading up to the battle of Hogwarts and i cannot expect any other them willbe inthe first part as its my belief they will split it at the point Ron leave or when he comes back

Fringe1_thumb

Are there any recent pictures of Matt not in costume? I’d love to see how he looks these days

Posted by katiee on February 02, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Posted by katiee on February 02, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Posted by katiee on February 02, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

Posted by katiee on February 02, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Fringe1_thumb

ooops sorry about so many posts

Posted by katiee on February 02, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

They’d better leave Neville’s scenes in. I loved learning about how much of a Potter fan Matt is from Harry, A History.

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on February 02, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Blue_butterfly_thumb

Go Neville. I’m going to find it difficult not to cheer when he lops Nagini’s head off – maybe should save that for when I have it on DVD and am watching it at home.

Posted by purplekim on February 02, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator

"We know you're up to something funny," said Aunt Petunia.[br]"We're not stupid, you know," said Uncle Vernon.[br]"Well, [i]that's[/i] news to me," said Harry, his temper rising...

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014