Matt Lewis Talks Neville and Nagini in New Interview

Lewis Interviews
February 02, 2009, 09:56 AM

Actor Matt Lewis has given a new interview where he briefly mentions his role as Neville Longbottom in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows films. In a online chat held over the weekend, Matt says he has still not yet seen the script for the films which are due to start filming on the 15th of this month, but says he is looking forward to a couple scenes, in particular the dramatic events at the end of the book in the final battle against Voldemort and his followers. Matt responds to several questions on Deathly Hallows, one regarding his favorite Neville moment in Book Seven, and what it is like to play a character so pivotal to the plot line of the book:

Matt Lewis: Deathly Hallows is going to be so much fun to shoot. I don't have a script yet, so I can't be exactly sure how everything is going to work out. However, I think my answer will be a bit predictable! The scene I'm looking forward to the most is when Neville swings the sword and kills Nagini. That is going to be intense! In fact, the whole final battle sequence is going to be amazing. Still can't believe they're going to trust me with a sword though!
...

"It's got to be the sword swinging, snake killing bit I'm looking forward to most. I guess that's pretty "kick-butt." I'm really excited about it. I got a taste for the action side of things in Order of the Phoenix and I can't wait to do some more!

...
It gives me a great sense of responsibility. I know what the books meant to me when I read them and I imagine the films can mean the same to people and so it's very important to get it right. Playing a character that has such a crucial role in how the story develops is inspiring and I'm very excited about it- I just have to make sure I don't mess it up!

Be sure to read more with Matt and the interview with Castlewhitefang.com via this link. Thanks so much James!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis Interviews News

Longbottom_thumb

Neville is my absolute favorite character because he starts out not being that important and ends up being very important. That scene is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by hpfrk736 on February 04, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator

That’ll be awesome to see.

BTW, I’m in Calgary, n on April 25-26, Neville’s in town!

Posted by L Lawliet on February 04, 2009, 11:08 PM report to moderator
250px-hufflepuff_thumb

Ah I love Matt. And I agree completely I can’t wait to see him kill Nagini. I loved seeing Neville develop into this strong character in the books and I can’t wait to see it in the film. The boy who could have been the chosen one taking down part of Voldemorts soul, so awesome. And I love that Matt gets how much the fans care about the actors getting it right.

Posted by Tami on February 05, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator

Matt Lewis is the perfect Neville.

I think he’ll continue doing great job as Neville. I cannot wait to see the Nagini scene.

Posted by Lily_Severus on February 05, 2009, 07:28 AM report to moderator
Miisa_thumb

I’m excited to see Neville kick butt!

Posted by TheCupcake on February 05, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Photo0166-1_thumb

GOOOO NEVILLLEEEE!!!!

Posted by sparkplug3690 [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I can’t wait to see him in DH. He should be great.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 24, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator

Matthew Lewis has to be one of the nicest actors in the harry potter films.. Go Neville.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 10, 2009, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I’m glad he’s taking the role seriously. I agree with what he says about not wanting to let the audience down. But this is Matt Lewis, he could never let me down. He’s awesome!

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 14, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator

[Hermione] sounded scared, much more scared than she had in the room where the brains swam, yet Harry thought the archway had a kind of beauty about it, old though it was. The gently rippling veil intrigued him; he felt a very strong inclination to climb