Trio Watch: Watson, Grint and Radcliffe Updates

HP Cast
February 02, 2009, 09:53 AM

A few updates today regarding work done outside the Harry Potter films by the trio of Emma Watson (Hermione), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Dan Radcliffe (Harry).

First as a follow to what we first told you last month: The dinner plate that Emma Watson designed for charity is now up for auction. Bidding is going well for the dinner plate (seen here) which is part of the Blue Peter Mission Nutrition campaign to help fight world hunger. The auction runs until February 7th.

Tickets for Cherrybomb, the new film starring Rupert Grint which is premiering this month at the Berlin Film Festival went on sale this morning. If you are interested buying tickets to the premiere where Rupert is due to attend on Sunday, February 8th, or one of the later screenings of the film, click here.

Equus, the play starring actors Dan Radcliffe and Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) is due to come to an end this month on Broadway. As such, the famed restaraunt Sardis has added a caricature of Dan Radcliffe to the walls of their legendary building in New York, joining the hundreds of famed actors and actresses who have graced the boards of the theater over the years. You can see video footage and an interview from Broadway.com with Dan here in our galleries, as well as photos from Just jared, and Broadwayworld.com. The final performance of Dan and Richard in Equus will be on February 8th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

1_thumb

I was thinking something more… caricaturey. Still, great for Dan! You’d have thought that they’d do something to emphasize the fact that without the HP duds, he looks sort of like a hobbit…

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 02, 2009, 03:11 PM report to moderator

Nice plate. I would really really liked to go and see Equus. Has anyone seen it? Obviously yes…what was it (the show, I mean!) like?
From Italy
Ele

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on February 02, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Nymphadora_tonks_by_hito762_thumb

When i go to NYC this summer I will have to check out the caricature :)

Posted by SabrinaDrolet14 on February 02, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Wow Emma’s plate is pretty cool. And I wish I could go to the Cherrybomb premiere but alas I can’t :(

Posted by MuggleQueen on February 02, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator

I think its really nice of Emma to do something like that :D

Posted by clowningaround113 on February 02, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

@ele0206, I saw “Equus”. It was very intense and very, very good. Dan plays a seriously disturbed character. His performance was sensational. I think Dan and Richard Griffiths work really well together. I’d love to see them work together again after HP. Dan has become such a good actor. It wouldn’t surprise me if he and Griffiths get Tony nominations.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on February 02, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Pic_3_thumb

I <3 the trio!

Posted by Will Nevins on February 02, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

Love Emma, so sad that i didn get to see dan in equus

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on February 02, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

awesome news… I can’t wait to see that movie…

Posted by Ascendancy on February 02, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Emma’s such a great artist, so I’m kind of surprised at how rushed the plate looks. I imagine she’s wishing she did something different now, but it’s still really cute. It looks like the type of things I doodle. :)
It’s great that Dan’s on the wall in Sardis, and I know it’s supposed to be a “caricature”, but it doesn’t much look like him. Oh well. It’s still really cool.

Posted by Hermionegirl on February 02, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

I really love the caricature of Dan. He looks so “young”..LOL. Anyway, it looks really good, and BTW LunaGinervaBlack, Caricatures generally don’t look “just like” the subject. [that’s why they’re called “caricatures”!] Plate….not so good, but I wouldn’t mind placing a bid. After all, it IS for charity!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on February 02, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator

Still need to get myself tickets to Equus! It looks like an amazing production and I’m sure Daniel is very good in the part.

Posted by Lunaratu on February 02, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Imgp0879__thumb

hahaha, my 7 year old nephew would most definitely design a better plate than Emma did. :D Anyway, it’s for a good cause, so that must count for something. ;)

Posted by Nikki Li [Alerion] on February 02, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator

That’s cool that there are multiple HP actors in Equus. Imagine Uncle Vernon and Harry on Broadway together …. xD

Posted by AccioAmanda ☆WBM☆ on February 02, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

i’m seeing Dan on closing day in Equus! whoo!

Posted by Courtney Quirke on February 02, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"My gran says that's rubbish," piped up Neville. "She says it's the [i]Daily Prophet[/i] that's going downhill, not Dumbledore. She's canceled our subscription. We believe Harry," he said simply... "My gran's always said You-Know-Who would come back one d