Extra "level of polish" on Half-Blood Prince Video Game

Video Games
Posted by: Edward
February 20, 2009, 02:41 PM

There is a new interview online today from GamerVision.com with John Fenno, a Senior Product Manager from EA, about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game.  In the interview, Mr. Fenno discusses the differences between this and the previous games, what gamers can expect from the various platforms, and how they've utilized the various strengths of each platform.  He also notes that the game, which he calls an "action packed experience from start to finish," has gone through a "level of polish" since the release of the game was delayed along with the film last summer.  Quoteage:

"We put in an extra level of polish on the game that, I think, we can confidently say that this is the best Harry Potter game that we've ever made."
You can watch the interview, which runs just over three minutes in length and features a number of clips from the video game, via this link.

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game is slated for release in the Summer of 2009.

Thanks to DeathlyHallowz!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Luna_shoes_thumb

It looks really good – I really enjoyed the fifth one, so if it is anything like that, we’re good!

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on February 20, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Forrester_thumb

Polishing a game? This has got to be a first for any EA development team.

Posted by DrForester on February 20, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

Can’t wait! I like all the Harry Potter Games except the 4th one, that one was confusing.

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on February 20, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
El_randomo_thumb

erg!
i really want it to come out!!

Posted by yzzi111 on February 20, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

I’m extremely glad about the improvement to the video game. It almost makes me feel better that the movie was delayed :P

Posted by Tyman28962 on February 20, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

I can’t wait for the next game.

Posted by Hopelaa93 on February 20, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Oh my gosh this game looks awesome! I can’t wait for the whole Potter experience this summer.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 20, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 20, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

@Lolly: THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on February 20, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

yeah!!!!!! the year of the wand!!!!!!! soooooo cant wait!!!!!!!

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on February 20, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Woot I can’t wait to play HBP, I only wish I had a Wii so I could play that version!

Posted by MuggleQueen on February 20, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Dsc06960_39501345_thumb

Can’t wait until the game comes out, really liked the ootp-game and I think this will be even better!

Posted by hippochip on February 20, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I hope it’s similar to Ootp, it’s the only one I got far in :P

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on February 20, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

Wow, that was awkward.

This is a PR guy, so we haven’t learned anything new. This new “level of polish”, I’ll believe it when I see it. But being EA, I don’t have my hopes high.

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 20, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I still haven’t killed Voldemort in the 1st game, but got him in the others. Well, I haven’t played the 5th one yet. I better get busy because the 6th one looks awesome.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on February 20, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You don't understand!" whined Pettigrew. "He would have killed me, Sirius!"[br]"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!" roared Black. "DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!"