Extra "level of polish" on Half-Blood Prince Video Game

Video Games
Posted by: Edward
February 20, 2009, 02:41 PM

There is a new interview online today from GamerVision.com with John Fenno, a Senior Product Manager from EA, about the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game.  In the interview, Mr. Fenno discusses the differences between this and the previous games, what gamers can expect from the various platforms, and how they've utilized the various strengths of each platform.  He also notes that the game, which he calls an "action packed experience from start to finish," has gone through a "level of polish" since the release of the game was delayed along with the film last summer.  Quoteage:

"We put in an extra level of polish on the game that, I think, we can confidently say that this is the best Harry Potter game that we've ever made."
You can watch the interview, which runs just over three minutes in length and features a number of clips from the video game, via this link.

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game is slated for release in the Summer of 2009.

Thanks to DeathlyHallowz!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

I’m excited about this because we just bought a Wii. It’ll be awesome to use it like a wand.

Posted by Toriska on February 20, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

At least they used the extra time wisely!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 20, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Cool! I still play the Sorcerer’s Stone computer game ALL THE TIME, and I love the Quidditch World Cup game… I like the PoA videogame, but GoF & CoS were just okay, and I have never played OotP. Truth is I don’t really play videogames, but I made my brother buy the HP ones ‘Cuz I love HP, but I do like the computer games! Anyway, I’ll play HBP on Wii- can’t wait! =D

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on February 20, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Great! the game sound cool! i cant wait for it to come out!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on February 20, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to play the game!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on February 20, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
250px-hufflepuff_thumb

I can’t wait to get this for the wii!

Posted by Tami on February 20, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator
Magicducks_thumb

I can’t wait to play it! I was quite disappointed with the Order of the Phoenix for Nintendo DS. It was fun to play a couple of times, but got old fast. The graphics were good, but the actual game play was redundant. My personal favorite game is Chamber of Secrets for Game Boy Color. That game is awesome and I still play it. I’m hoping HBP will be just as awesome.

Posted by MagicDucks [ROAR!] on February 20, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Cruci-os__thumb

Haha….when I read the title, I thought that it meant the Polish version would have an extra level of gameplay.

Posted by Helios Lightra on February 20, 2009, 11:19 PM report to moderator

I’ve never played the games. How are they? Anyone want to tell me which are the best, what system you play it on?? Etc… Sorry, not a big gamer guys!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on February 20, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
30464_1392052514744_1035060117_31032663_3638239_n_thumb

Oooo, I’m excited!

Posted by tearsoflemonade [FTC!] on February 20, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I remember playing the order of the phoenix game….it was alright XD exploring the castle was fun though

Posted by Sarabi on February 20, 2009, 11:51 PM report to moderator
New_me2_thumb

I swear the only time I get the Xbox 360 more than my husband is when the new Potter games come out! Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by Ravenwing ROAR on February 20, 2009, 11:58 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

awesome!!I loved the OOTP game. I loved just walking around a full size hogwarts.

Posted by phantomdave79 on February 21, 2009, 01:14 AM report to moderator
Dsc00058_thumb

eagerly waiting for the game……….hope this will be the best in hp series

Posted by Arun.91 on February 21, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Wolfpatronus2_thumb

awesome, I love the games and I’m sure it’ll be awesome to play this game :D

Posted by half-blood queen~ROAR~ on February 21, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any