Clip from "Half-Blood Prince" Airs at End of Oscars

Movies
February 22, 2009, 11:15 PM

As promised, a very brief clip from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was broadcast tonight at the end of the Oscar awards. However, this was part of a montage segment of other films with no sound included, and most of the footage appeared to be taken from one of the earlier trailers. UPDATE: It is now on YouTube here, thanks to UHP!
 What we did see included brief shots of Quidditch, Draco on the Hogwarts Express, Harry looking in the Pensieve and Ron and Hermione looking upwards at something. One shot of interest showed Dumbledore and Harry in the cave, with Dumbledore grasping the chain to lift the Voldemort's old boat from the waters. We hope to have this video up in our galleries soon, and will update when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Jordan_thumb

Great! Looking forward to seeing in the Galleries. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see it live on the Oscars.

Is it July yet?

Posted by Jordan Edwards on February 23, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Sdc13192_thumb

can’t wait to see it

Posted by l-u-n-a on February 23, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator

GEEEZE….I wish I had watched the Oscars! I wanted to see it. Hopefully, Youtube will have it up! :p

Posted by on February 23, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Well that was exactly what i expected. Five seconds and only one new shot. It was nice to see something harry potter on the television though. I am sort of ready for this film to come out because it has been way too long and i am getting sick of it.

Posted by decarus on February 23, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator

Aww.. too bad it wasn’t any longer, but the more clips we see the happier I will be! ;D I want to see the movie so much!

Posted by Sophie on February 23, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

It was really good, but way too short. The Dumbledore part was interesting.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on February 23, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Animated_tom-voldemort_thumb

Ok, it’s official…. I HATE my country! (Mexico)
They didn’t broadcast the clips after the show, and hence, I didn’t watch the HBP clip… I know most of it has already been shown and I’ll be able to see it in YouTube in a few more minutes, but still!
Anyway, I liked the ceremony, it was kind of emotive and refreshing, loved to see Meryl Streep looking so gorgeous and Anne Hathaway and all of them.

Posted by Dark Lord Hector on February 23, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

upload upload UPLOAD!

Posted by DylanAqua on February 23, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I missed the video, but it certainly sounds enthralling! I cannot wait to watch it when it is uploaded to the internet.

Posted by Kirk on February 23, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I didn’t even get to see it, it cut straight to the news as soon as the Oscars were over. I was kind of miffed XD

Posted by Sarabi on February 23, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator

I’m of to bed (it’s 6:11 am here in the Netherlands, CET)), Pro 7 didn’t air the preview for 2009 :( So I have to wait for it to appear in the galleries.

Posted by greatpetie83 on February 23, 2009, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Dailyprophet_thumb

First! Whoo! Yeah, I went in expecting not a lot, but at least something better than what they gave us. I mean, it was basically a 5 second clip show with 2 seconds of new footage. Plus, there was no sound! Just a stupid song playing over all the clips. Although I guess I should’ve expected it would be short because it had to run in a certain amount of time.

Posted by Richie Gagen on February 23, 2009, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

The only new bit was of harry flying during quidditch. I am pretty sure i had seen the rest before in other various clips. It would have been nice to add some dialogue but i wasn’t expecting much. I am ready for a new trailer or behind the scenes something.

Posted by decarus on February 23, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator

And in Germany (Pro 7) everything but the previews showed. That´s sad, but the show was good, anyways.

Posted by Fonty on February 23, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

jip!

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 23, 2009, 12:25 AM report to moderator

"If you're wondering what the smell is, Mother, a Mudblood just walked in."