Broadbent, Staunton, Radcliffe, Coltrane, Biggerstaff and Wanamaker Doodle for Charity

HP Cast
Posted by: Edward
February 22, 2009, 06:56 PM

A number of actors from the Harry Potter films have donated original doodles for National Doodle Day 2009, a charitable event that benefits Epilepsy Action and the Neurofibromatosis Association.  This year, actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Imelda Staunton (Umbridge), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood), Zoe Wanamaker (Madam Hooch), and Jim Broadbent (Slughorn), are among the slew of celebrities to show off their artistic ability and donate their work for this cause.  The full gallery of doodles, including Mr. Broadbent's very detailed and artistic sketch, can be viewed here.  An auction will start on February 27th for these pieces, all proceeds of which will go to benefit those who are affected by epilepsy and neurofibromatosis.  Additionally, voting is open to choose your favorite celebrity doodle of 2009.  More information about the two charities can be found here, while additional auction information can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Dscf0369_thumb

Like Robbie’s car – pity it’s a toy!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on February 22, 2009, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Nerdfighter90x81_thumb

Yay for celebrity charity giving!

Posted by SevPotter on February 22, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
100_thumb

I love Jim’s!

Posted by abigailonleakyy on February 22, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I have a lot of doodles. Maybe I should save them if I ever become famous. Lol Seriouly for a moment, I think they will be able to raise a great deal of money for charity. I would buy one.

Posted by Cool G on February 22, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Very nice. I love doodling, and this is such a worthy cause.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on February 22, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

Robbie’s is sooo awesome! I didn’t know he could draw! lol

Posted by KatherineWeasley on February 22, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

It’s great that these guys are willing to do this kind of charity work.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 22, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

What an awesome idea! I wish I was famous enough so I could just doodle something to raise money for charity. :)

I have to agree that it’s kinda lame for Dan to just have a signed picture. Jim and Robbie’s were very impressive, and I thought Imelda’s was cute too.

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 22, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator

I hope they post Daniel Radcliffe’s doodle soon, instead of a photo. It all looks so awesome!

Posted by Sophie on February 22, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Haha. These are cool. Especially Imelda’s, Robbie’s, and Jim’s. :)

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on February 22, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator

aw, I love Hagrid’s!

Posted by julvett on February 22, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator

That’s really cool, more celebrities should do that.

Posted by Bradyboy on February 22, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
Casey_close_up_thumb

I think Dan’s is his doodle. If you look at his face, he has given his picture a black eye. I’m sure that wasn’t in the original photo. I had to really look at it to see it. Of course, I could be wrong, but….

Kay (JKMcGonagall)

Posted by JKMcGonagall on February 22, 2009, 11:59 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is just fantastic of them to do this. I hope they raise plenty of money.

Posted by Kirk on February 23, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator

Yeah and dan’s is the same as last years … werid.

Posted by on February 23, 2009, 01:35 AM report to moderator

Nearly Headless Nick chortled so much that his ruff slipped and his head flopped off, dangling on the inch or so of ghostly skin and muscle that still attached it to his neck.