New Poll, New Concept Art of Dervish and Banges at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Fans
February 25, 2009, 06:27 PM

The great news keeps on coming as Universal Orlando has now released new concept art for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction: this of Dervish and Banges. Due to be located in the Hogsmeade village portion of the park, Universal says that the store "supplys the Wizarding community with school supplies, Quidditch gear and magical, wizarding equipment." At this store, park visitors will be able to purchase "authentic and unique items from the World of Harry Potter."  Also new is a poll regarding which dragon you might like to ride (Chinese Fireball, or Hungarian Horntail).

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is currently under construction in Orlando, Florida  and is due to open sometime next year.

Thanks Joel and Elizabeth!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Smirk4_small_thumb

oh, and i’ll be hopefully going there on my honeymoon!!!
though June in Florida might roast me alive.

Posted by cowashee on February 25, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I may have to take out a second mortgage to buy all these items.

Posted by Garden State Geek on February 25, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

Awesome Idea for the store… I see they have a picture of Hermione’s dress from the Yule Ball. I would love to wear that! And I voted for the Chinese Fireball… you never see it in the movie!

Posted by ChrissyPuff on February 25, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The new concept art looks marvelous. I cannot wait for the theme park to open next year!

Posted by Kirk on February 25, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
002hudhu_thumb

I can’t wait to go!

Posted by aLilyForAPrince on February 25, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

hungarian horntail!! seriously!! i would ride that! and i am not partial to riding roller coasters or any thing like that.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on February 25, 2009, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

How exciting! Like Disneyland for the new era :)

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on February 25, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Do we know an official open date yet? My family has been putting off their trip to see the Mouse until we know for sure when this attraction will be open! Harry first, Mouse definitely second!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 25, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

I think this theme park is going to be so awesome! I hope I’ll be able to visit it sometime!

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on February 25, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

<—- excited beyond measure!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on February 25, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator

Where is the Common Welsh Green? We could share a pint after the ride.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on February 25, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Moodysdobby_thumb

I can’t wait!!

Posted by Moody One ♥ROAR♥ on February 25, 2009, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

A group of us are planning on attending the theme park but like the movies, it seems to be changing it’s opening date. Makes it a little hard to plan in advance.

Posted by Cool G on February 25, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

That is going to be so awesome!

Posted by Lady of the Lake on February 26, 2009, 01:17 AM report to moderator
Thumb_avatars_books_quotes_feb07_thumb

I’ve got to say, I wish Dervish and Banges would be brighter. Imagine that bluish/gray ceiling in some orangy/read colour in stead…!

The colours in this art work seem gloomy… It might be alright when it’s bright new, but after a couple of years, when you add some dust and general wear and tear – how is it going to look then?

Posted by Nora McGonagall on February 26, 2009, 06:17 AM report to moderator

"But what have you got your broom for, you haven't been flying, have you?" Harry asked.[br]"I -- well -- well, okay, I'll tell you, but don't laugh, all right?" Ron said defensively, turning redder with every second. "I -- I thought I'd try out for Gryffi

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014