"Deathly Hallows" Most Borrowed Book from UK Libraries

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Posted by: Edward
February 05, 2009, 11:39 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the most borrowed book in the UK, according to new figures released from the Public Lending Right Agency.  The Bookseller reports that the Seventh Book in author J. K. Rowling's series has been borrowed a total of 108,775 times from libraries in the UK.  Deathly Hallows was also the most borrowed book under the children's titles list, followed by the Sixth Book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Public Lending Right Agency tracked lending during the twelve months prior to June 2008, and complied lists of the Most Borrowed Authors, Most Borrowed Fiction, and Non-Fiction titles.  Author James Patterson was named the Most Borrowed Author, with his novels being loaned out more than 1.5 million times.  Full lists of the Most Borrowed can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows News

totally unsurprising; I work at a library and that section is the section you don´t have to advertise…people find it on their own… it´s like magic

Posted by Resa *ROAR* on February 06, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator

Honestly not surprised but its cool to have it confirmed anyway

Posted by Kay on February 06, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Crim0304_thumb

i work in a library and since DH has come out, i’ve rarely seen it on the shelves. We have multiple copies in our library and they still go out almost as soon as they are returned! I love that the Pooter love is still spreading :)

Posted by Sally_Zaar on February 06, 2009, 06:48 AM report to moderator
Rachael_and_brad_thumb

Deathly Hallows FTW!

Posted by FayewnofRavenclaw on February 06, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Not surprised :)

Posted by Christine on February 06, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

i honestly never thought of HP books being borrowed at libraries. I just thought everyone went out and bought them.

Posted by Chad on February 06, 2009, 07:42 AM report to moderator
18245955a8655911455l_thumb

The thing that amazes me is actually the fact that people still use libraries! I haven’t been to one for non-school related things in about 10 years.

Posted by anniemul on February 06, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Zooey_thumb

It’s not surprising really – all of the other books have been borrowed loads of times from the library. It’s one of my faves from the series too – turns me into a complete crybaby, but I love it! I haven’t reread it for a while now, but I’m planning to reread HBP before the film is released and then will reread DH after I’ve seen HBP at the cinema.

PS – am I the only one that hasn’t got a clue who James Patterson is? And I don’t think I’ve read any of the other authors either – sound so incredibly generic.

Posted by miriam the wounded on February 06, 2009, 07:55 AM report to moderator
Avataranna_thumb

that’s great!!! not only for the fact that its DH and what not but just for the fact that people are READING!! which is the most important thing

Posted by Anna on February 06, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Magicemilyicon_thumb

@anniemul: i have a huge book collection at home, but i still use libraries regularly. Something about having almost free access to that many books is great [:

Posted by Emily on February 06, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator

I’m not surprised ;P It’s a wonderful book <3

Posted by Sophie on February 06, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
Wow that’s cool the power of Potter still lives on.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on February 06, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
I know who James Patterson and some of the other author’s are, but that is because I am a big bookworm and I read a lot. I have to say Harry Potter will always be my top favorite bookseries.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on February 06, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator

I have to say I love the line’s from the book and you have to guess which book it is from on the side of the site.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on February 06, 2009, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

no suprise there!

Posted by Matea on February 06, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator

Sir Patrick and the rest of the Headless Hunt had just stated a game of Head Hockey and the crowd were turning to watch. Nearly Headless Nick tried vainly to recapture his audience, but gave up as Sir Patrick's head went sailing past him to loud cheers.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014