"Deathly Hallows" Most Borrowed Book from UK Libraries

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Posted by: Edward
February 05, 2009, 11:39 PM

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the most borrowed book in the UK, according to new figures released from the Public Lending Right Agency.  The Bookseller reports that the Seventh Book in author J. K. Rowling's series has been borrowed a total of 108,775 times from libraries in the UK.  Deathly Hallows was also the most borrowed book under the children's titles list, followed by the Sixth Book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The Public Lending Right Agency tracked lending during the twelve months prior to June 2008, and complied lists of the Most Borrowed Authors, Most Borrowed Fiction, and Non-Fiction titles.  Author James Patterson was named the Most Borrowed Author, with his novels being loaned out more than 1.5 million times.  Full lists of the Most Borrowed can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows News

Photo0166-1_thumb

Well DUH!

Posted by sparkplug3690 [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

What else would be expect, being Harry Potter fans! ;) That is great, knowing that alll of those people got to read the book.

Posted by wizardinventor on February 06, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
08-05-18_02-17_thumb

I’m not surprised!It’s one of the greatest books ever!

Posted by scarymissmary28[WBM!] on February 06, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Cat_001_thumb

Not entirely surprised ;)

Posted by Kneazle1 on February 06, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator

That’s no surprise. That’s an amazing book.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on February 06, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
15657683_thumb

I’m not impressed. But happy nonetheless.

Posted by Cellar Door [*SQUEE!*] on February 06, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator

Did we really expect anything different?!

Posted by bookmonster79 on February 06, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

It’s the best!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 06, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_ravenclaw_thumb

That’s nice to hear. I really like to know that it is still being read, maybe even for the first time, by children. YAY! JK!

Posted by Edna_Turnblad on February 06, 2009, 10:57 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

It’s also probably the most stolen book :D

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

YAY! I’m not surprised! I loved DH! But as I have a few copies, there’s no need to borrow. Lol.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on February 06, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot say that I am particularly surprised by this news! I only hope that these are not the only books people are checking out and that they are perusing the diverse array of other exceptional literature that their libraries contain too!

Posted by Kirk on February 06, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Magicducks_thumb

Awesome! Not surprising, though. My local library has 8-10 copies, I think. They’ve got multiple shelves devoted to Harry. I think the DHs take up one shelf alone. I’ve got two of my own copies, but I do borrow the audio books from the library because they are too expensive to buy.

Posted by MagicDucks [ROAR!] on February 06, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Great book!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 06, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator

Go HP!! Everyone should read it!

Posted by jenbabe705 on February 06, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator

As the snake slid swiftly past him, Harry could have sworn a low, hissing voice said, "Brazil, here I come.... Thanksss, amigo."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014