First Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Released

Movies
February 05, 2009, 12:10 PM

The first posters posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have now been officially released. The first one (courtesy Yahoo) shows a closeup of Harry, with Dumbledore reflected in his glasses.  A second one from MSN, seen here in our galleries,  shows more of Harry, pointing his wand (and sporting a most curious shirt). The third new poster, here in our galleries as well, features Professor Dumbledore turning to look at something, and is without his hat.

Thanks to Bekki and everyone who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dumbledore_thumb

Very nice! Much better than the past movies..

Posted by Tyman28962 on February 05, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I BET IT’S A SQUIRREL

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 05, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

YAY!!!! Signs of HBP life! It IS coming, it IS!!! Very cool posters. I want. :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on February 05, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator

Love the posters!

Question: What about Dumbledore’s “blackened hand”?

Posted by Gryffindor51 on February 05, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

FINALLY! POSTERS! I can’t wait for HBP even though I’m probably hoping for too much. Anywho, I like the harry one, the dumbledore, but what the hell? I don’t get that t-shirt.Doesn’t seem very HP to me…weird.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on February 05, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Lolcat06_thumb

YAAAAAY!!! I’ve been waiting forever for these posters! As soon as I saw this news story, I called my theatre to see if we got it yet, but my manager said no. :( But I will be obtaining them as soon as possible! They look AMAZING!

Posted by HPKnowItALLFan13 on February 05, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

cool colours

Posted by cztery on February 05, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

I’m actually not crazy about the posters. I like the first one, but I don’t like the diagonal of the other two. I do like the DD picture in the third one, but the second picture hardly even looks like Harry/Daniel Radcliffe. Plus I want to see Ron and Hermione :)

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 05, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

And I don’t get the shirt thing everyone’s talking about. It looks like a normal shirt to me…

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 05, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Ohhh, so exciting! It’s getting closer and closer every day!

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on February 05, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Sorry for the double post, but question: Why are both of Dumbledore’s hands normal-looking? Isn’t one supposed to be, like, dead?

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on February 05, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Hmm… what is that on his shirt? I mean, it can’t be a reflection like on his glasses, lol! but what IS it? Anyways, awesome that we are getting new promotional stuff! I hope more comes soon, but that it isn’t full scenes like with the last movies. I can’t stop myself from watching them, but afterwards it’s a horrible guilty feeling, being spoiled like that! :-P

Posted by Felipe on February 05, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Blue_butterfly_thumb

What’s happened to Dumbledore’s blackened hand? Don’t tell me WB have done away with the ring…

Posted by purplekim on February 05, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Luna-lovegood-hbp_thumb

I agree with most, the side writing looks really good. The posters took a while to come out, maybe wb forgot about it and did a last minute photoshop with Harry’s shirt!

Posted by lunalovegoodlove on February 05, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Blue_butterfly_thumb

The shirt just looks normal to me. There’s nothing even remotely squirrilesh in the picture that i have got.

Posted by purplekim on February 05, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator

"You know what?" said Ron... "All these years I've been really impressed with Fred and George, nicking food from the kitchens -- well, it's not exactly difficult, is it? They can't wait to give it away!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014