Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to Begin Filming in Two Weeks

DH Film
February 06, 2009, 02:23 PM

As a follow to the article below, the BBC is now reporting additional information on main filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. With the set now reopened following the accident with a stunt person, a spokesman for WB said of the upcoming Harry Potter filming:

"We have not begun filming yet and will not do so for another two weeks. This has always been the case," she said.

"Filming will commence mid-February and go through to spring 2009."

As we first told you last December, filming on the seventh Harry Potter movie is due to run 54 weeks. This also follows Dan Radcliffe's earlier remarks about hoping to begin filming on the 15th of the month as well. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released in two parts, the first November 2010, followed by Part 11 in May 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

Filming for the last movies; that’s quite exciting!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on February 07, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Dsc00058_thumb

it’s nice to know they will be filming soon.

Posted by Arun.91 on February 07, 2009, 12:17 AM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

SQUEEE. I’m so excited!

Posted by Kelsey on February 07, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Mollyfied_thumb

Aw, they’re waiting until after Valentine’s Day! Well, naturally, right? Some scary things happen on Valentine’s in HP, so better safe than sorry!

Posted by Whisperwing*ROAR!* on February 07, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator

Shouldn’t that be spring 2010, not spring 2009? When filming goes until, I mean…

Posted by runaroundkid on February 07, 2009, 12:49 AM report to moderator
2002_harry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_046_thumb

It all cannot happen fast enough for me!!

Posted by AutumnWizard *ROAR* on February 07, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
Red_dress_159_thumb

Aw! Bittersweet it’s almost all over. I really wished to see a set of Harry Potter before I die but since they are going to film the last one soon. i doubt I’ll be able to.

Posted by aryell on February 07, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Photo_10_thumb

eeee im sooo excited!

Posted by alanayvonne on February 07, 2009, 01:40 AM report to moderator
Lindseyleia_thumb

This actually makes me quite sad…the sooner filming starts the sooner the thrill of getting new news ends. sigh

Posted by Gertie Keddle {WBM} on February 07, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator

Agreed Gertie. I’m a little sad DH is starting already. I don’t want them to end yet. :(

Posted by rosalie on February 07, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator

That wait between Nov. ‘10 and May ’11 is going to be the longest six months of my life!
And you just know that they’re going to split it at the most suspenseful moment possible. Oh, the torture! I can’t help but look forward to it!! :)
On the upside, that’s three more midnight releases we get to go to, rather than just one!

Posted by SerenaSlytherin on February 07, 2009, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Photo_249_thumb

aaaah! i cannnnnnooooot wait.

Posted by dinolaaand on February 07, 2009, 02:51 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

That’s good news but I’m not holding my breath that they’ll release them as stated. After all, we are still waiting on Half Blood Prince.

Posted by Cool G on February 07, 2009, 02:55 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

GREAT!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on February 07, 2009, 04:42 AM report to moderator
Dsc00011_thumb

OMG THe beginning of the end of Harry Potter on film.

Posted by nimbus xl on February 07, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator

"But if we get caught, you two will be expelled, too."[br] "Not if I can help it," said Hermione grimly. "Flitwick told me in secret that I got a hundred and twelve percent on his exam. They're not throwing me out after that."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014