Harry Potter Books Nominated at Kids' Choice Awards

Book Awards
February 06, 2009, 11:39 AM

It's Harry vs Edward again as the nominations for the 22nd Annual Kids' Choice Awards were made this morning. The Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling were nominated in the "Favorite Book" category yet again, along with the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do it Yourself Book by Jeff Kinney. Starting March 2 fans can go online via this link to cast their votes, with the winners to be announced on Saturday, March 28 (8-9:30pm ET) on Nickelodeon.

Congratulations Jo!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Book Awards News

Greenavatar_thumb

Against Twilight ? It has got to win ! The writing and the stories just don’t compare!

Posted by Vicky Granger [ROAR] *Prof Adrasteia Andraste* on February 06, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Bild_thumb

Twilights good, but HP is so much better! I know who I will vote for.

Posted by ElinJ*ROAR* on February 06, 2009, 02:45 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m voting for Harry!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on February 06, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

I’m afraid Twilight has great chances of winning this one. But then again, the Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards is, well, not that big a deal, is it?

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 06, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

I’ll do my part, though. Harry has my vote (even though I’m not a kid :P).

Posted by L. P. Dantas on February 06, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

March 2nd, huh? Is there an age limit to who can vote?
I’d never heard of the Diary of a Whimpy Kid…doesn’t matter though, HP must win!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on February 06, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator

Let’s hope HP wins. Of course it will beat twilight! :)

Posted by Kristen95 on February 06, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator
N1439614491_169156_6488_thumb

I will absolutely be voting for HP, it is so much better. I enjoyed Twilight but it is nothing compared to Harry Potter.

Posted by Melissa Anne on February 06, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

An obvious selection

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on February 06, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator

We MUST defeat Twilight!!!!

Posted by PCC_Wizard on February 06, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I enjoyed the Twilight books, but Harry Potter DEFINITELY has my vote…if I’m not too old to vote…The irony will be if the votes divided and then Diary of a Whimpy Kids wins over both of them!

Posted by eiVega on February 06, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Luna_shoes_thumb

Harry Potter must beat Twilight. He need to show our fandom is still going strong, and even thought the target audience of the poll is the people completely obsessed with Twilight, we must come together and all vote for the true winner – Harry Potter! SQUEE!

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on February 06, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

HP has my vote too! it’s the best of all those nominated in my opinion.

Posted by Felipe on February 06, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator

Go HP!!!

Posted by rosalie on February 06, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
100_6668_thumb

I remember when I waited for the KCA.

Posted by lnh92(Lorrie) on February 06, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Oooh, Crackpot's feeling cranky," said Peeves, pursuing Harry along the corridor, leering as he zoomed along above him. "What is it this time, my fine Potty friend? Hearing voices? Seeing visions? Speaking in" -- Peeves blew a gigantic raspberry -- [i]"t