J.K. Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard on Shortlist for British Book Award

Books
March 10, 2009, 07:08 AM

The Tales of Beedle the Bard written by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling have been nominated this year at the Galaxy British Book Awards.  Beedle the Bard is on the shortlist for "Children's Book of the Year," along with a few others including: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer,  Captain Underpants & the Preposterous Plight by Dav Pilkey, Artemis Foul & The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer, Horrid Henry Robs the Bank by Francesca Simon, Dinosaurs Love Underpants by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort.

Also actress Julie Walters, who portrays Molly Weasley in the Harry Potter films, has been shortlisted in the Biography of the Year category for her book, That's Another Story.  Actress Dawn French (the Fat Lady in PoA) was also nominated in the same category, for her autobiography Dear Fatty.

Finally, UK audio book narrator Stephen Fry has been nominated in the Popular Non-Fiction category for his book, Stephen Fry in America.

Voting is now open to all online via this link, and will run until Saturday, March 28th.
The winners of the Galaxy British Book Awards will be announced Sunday, April 5, 2009 in London, England.  Congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

*Artemis I mean :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 10, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Sp_a0082_thumb

I just voted for her Go Jo

Posted by owl-mail *!{ROAR}!* on March 10, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator

Who in the world included Breaking Dawn on a Children’s Book list? Go JO! Blow Stephanie out of the water.

Posted by bookmonster79 on March 10, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

[groan] breaking dawn??? that was seriously the worst book in the series…anywhoo, i just voted, GO JO!!!

Good choices, but I’d have to go with Tales of Beedle the Bard. It was such a treat, sspecially, if your a hardcore Harry Potter fan.

Posted by on March 10, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

It must beat Breaking Dawn. That’s all I can say apart from: Beedle the Bard is a great book! Go Jo!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 10, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

GO JO!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on March 10, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

Congratulations J.K.Rowling!!!!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on March 10, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I hope she wins!!! It is a great book! my sister dosn’t like Harry Potter but she loved the stories in Beedle the Bard!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on March 10, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Bd_thorgal027_thumb

Not sure I think she should win this. Cos this is sort of a ‘prop’ from the books, more than a book on it’s own. Sort of… Still, if she wins, I’ll love it :)

Posted by emmy. on March 10, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

GO JO! you can beat out breaking dawn (my sister will be in my face if meyer wins)! you can do it Jo!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 10, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Of course I picked Beedle the Bard!
Breaking Dawn was disapointing for me, and Eclipse was my fave Twilight!
Even between Eclipse and Beedle the Bard, I chose Beedle the Bard.
But I chose Stephenie Meyer for something.
And I voted for Julie Walters!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 10, 2009, 05:45 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

Come on guys… if we can pad the house points then we can make JKR win that award.

Follow the Chicago voting motto: Vote early, vote often!

Posted by Ilzairspar on March 10, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Hope JKR wins, of course!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 10, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator

i <3 beedle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Potterfancx12 (WBM) on March 10, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator

"Scared?" muttered Malfoy, so that Lockhart couldn't hear him.[br]"You wish," said Harry out of the corner of his mouth.