More on Casting of Dung Fletcher and Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 10, 2009, 07:28 AM

A followup today regarding our two previous reports of possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Good News: As TLC first reported a few days ago, actor Andy Linden (photo here) has indeed been cast in the role of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher, according to his agents who confirmed this directly to TLC.

Broadway World.com is also now reporting that Domhnall Gleeson "is expected to sign on for the final installment of the big screen’s blockbuster Harry Potter series, The Deathly Hallows." As we noted previously, the son of Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), Domhnall (photo here) will take on the role of Bill Weasley. Filming is currently underway for both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Laurie_kins_yahoo

I can’t wait.

Posted by snapealicious on March 10, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

They both look similar to how I thought of them in the books. Of course they are not in character in these photos, so they will look better during the actual film. Domhall has the tougher/rougher look that I imagine Bill would have. It is great that we are hearing casting news for these characters and that they are not being cut. But it will be interesting to see how they introduce them because they have not been in any of the films before this one. Movie fans have to know who they are they might not have read the books.

Posted by wizardinventor on March 10, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Can’t wait

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 10, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_03_thumb

This is awesome. I hope they put the wedding in. Bella vita I’m 25 and I watch the Disney channel as well. I try to blame it on my lil sis but I watch it when she’s not in the room.

Posted by Gryffindorprincess09 on March 10, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

Yay!!! This makes me happy…LOL!! I’m hoping we’ll soon have a confirmation for Fleur too, then maybe I can hope for the wedding sequence and Shell Cottage!!
I think both these actors fit perfectly, so good job WB!! I can’t wait for more Hallows news!!

Posted by Prenz13 on March 10, 2009, 10:15 AM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

I HOPE KREACHER SMACKS DUNG WITH A FRYING PAN!!!

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on March 10, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It’s great to have the Bill & Dung rumors confirmed, these might be minor characters but they play vital roles in the story. But, I’m with everyone that’s wondering how they’re going to explain Bill & Fleur’s wedding when Fleur was totally cut from HBP. At least they’ll be in DH :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 10, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Hmmm… Kinda disappointed with Domhnall playing Bill though. But at least we have Bill. :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 10, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
Sp_a0082_thumb

i never thought Dung was that old hmmm… i’m sure they will be great. I am a bit worried about the Fleur situation though i have a friend who doesn’t read the books and she will be mightily cofunded by that lol

Posted by owl-mail *!{ROAR}!* on March 10, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

i’m liking this actor for bill. :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 10, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Yay! Both actors look good to me, as long as Bill will get a ponytail ;-)

I too wonder how they’ll introduce Bill and Fleur’s wedding… maybe it’s mentioned at the end ir beginning of HBP??? Probably not.

Posted by Dances with Dobby on March 10, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

It’s unlikely to be mentioned because they did not know whether the wedding would be included when the HBP script was written.

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on March 10, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

Yay…. this is good news. Maybe that means in 6 they’ll mention Bill and Fluer, so that’ll set up the wedding in book 7???

Posted by heartless_wench on March 10, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

Dung is great!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 10, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

Yay we’ve got Dung! (lol) And Domhnall looks exactly how I pictured Bill Weasley to look.

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 10, 2009, 11:48 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Bong-sewer," said Hagrid, beaming at [Maxime], and holding out a hand to help her down the golden steps.