More on Casting of Dung Fletcher and Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 10, 2009, 07:28 AM

A followup today regarding our two previous reports of possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Good News: As TLC first reported a few days ago, actor Andy Linden (photo here) has indeed been cast in the role of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher, according to his agents who confirmed this directly to TLC.

Broadway World.com is also now reporting that Domhnall Gleeson "is expected to sign on for the final installment of the big screen’s blockbuster Harry Potter series, The Deathly Hallows." As we noted previously, the son of Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody), Domhnall (photo here) will take on the role of Bill Weasley. Filming is currently underway for both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in London, England.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Img006_thumb

wow that’s exactly how i imagined bill

Posted by phillip {ROAR!} on March 10, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_thumb

Once they change his clothes and put some dirty make up on him, Andy Linden will look a lot like the Dung in my mind.

Posted by toilantrouble on March 10, 2009, 07:53 PM report to moderator

They both look really good for the parts.

I hope they bring Fleur back too.

I’d really like to see the wedding scene even though it is short.

Posted by Lily_Severus on March 10, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It’s good to receive confirmation of the rumors that have been floating around recently. Good luck to them as they work in their various roles!

Posted by Kirk on March 10, 2009, 08:37 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

He looks the part of Fletcher … that’s for sure.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 10, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

I love Linden as Mundungus! He’s almost exactly how I pictured the character! Same with Gleeson. I can’t wait to see the final finished cast for this movie.

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 10, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

Awesome Bill! Not so sure about Mundungus, he looks a bit “cockney geezer” to me lol! He might make a good dung though, have to see. :)

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on March 10, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Chapter19_thumb

When they say that he (Gleeson) is in the “final film”, I fear that they mean the second half of DH … it seems all too plausible to me.

Posted by Discribble on March 11, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

Squee! So exciting! I love Dung’s character. He always makes me laugh.

Posted by FlourishandBlotts (RAWR) on March 11, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

ROAR yeah! Fantastic

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on March 11, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator

woo!

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 11, 2009, 02:41 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I do hope Fleur is in this as well!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 11, 2009, 05:23 AM report to moderator
Avpmpeoic2_thumb
2012 Points

Bout Time! I’ve been wondering since the 4th Movie when they’d put Bill in! I read the 7th book and one of the first things I said when i finished is, How the hell are they going to fix that little problem? Bill wasn’t in the 4th or 5th so I freaked lol. Not they way I imagined Bill but he will do a good job! I swear he might get more attention than Dan when the 7th movie comes out!

Posted by - Mishh. (WBM) on March 11, 2009, 05:57 AM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

hmm, mundungus is not really how i envisaged but i think he’ll be ok. domhall is great and he looks like a friend of mine.

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on March 11, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

They are trying to put in DH all the characters that they cut out in the last six movies. Better late than never, I say :)

Posted by darkveela on March 11, 2009, 08:55 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I am not aware that it is any of your business what goes on in my house --"[br]"I expect what you're not aware of would fill several books, Dursley," growled Moody.