LeakyNews.com

Rumor Alert: A Second Test Screening Held for Half-Blood Prince?

HBP Film
March 11, 2009, 09:37 PM

Hang on everyone, as The Sun is reporting tonight a second "secret" test screening for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was held yesterday. In true tabloid fashion, the paper declares that "the handful of devotees came out blasting film bosses for making key characters and plot-lines from JK ROWLING’s best-seller disappear...as if by magic." As such, the article contains only negative reactions to this supposed screening, with no details provided on where and when these comments were made. One example of reactions as the paper writes " the Half-Blood Prince of the title barely features. Worse still the film was slammed as too SOPPY."

To read more, click here. We are trying to obtain more information about this test screening and will update with more when we can.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Postejeunes4_thumb

Other people’s opinions are subjective. I will judge it on my own when I see it. The ‘Half Blood Prince’ wasn’t even a huge part in the book itself, so it doesn’t surprise me that it’s not in the forefront of the movie. Just wait, wait and see.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on March 13, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator

A report (http://harrypotterspage.com/news.php/2009/03/12/half-blood-prince-screening-reports-false123.html) states the rumor is false.

Posted by zoltan42 on March 13, 2009, 07:23 AM report to moderator

This was allways going to happen. Order of the Phoenix was a terrible film and I can’t understand why David Yates was allowed to direct HBP. All I can say is he makes good film trailers. I thought Order of the Phoenix looked amazing from the trailer but in reality it was very dissapointing, HBP alos looks great from the trailer but I think it will also be a dissapointment. We are all better of sticking to the books and our imaginations!!!!!

Posted by Liampf on March 13, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Considering the source from which this information came, I am going to treat this news with a grain of salt. It is more than likely that the Sun just wrote this article with the malicious intent of provoking and instigating anxiety in Harry Potter fans. More often than not, that is the result of any articles concerning this fandom that it publishes.

Posted by Kirk on March 13, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
Cafe_press_thumb

Go Sue! Find out the truth for us!

Posted by grandmabeth on March 13, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Yin_yang_thumb

I don’t go looking for reviews to read, and when I do (accidentally) read one, I take it as just one persons opinion.

I think that as movies the first five are adequate. They all have something with which I am disapponted.

I’m just hoping I am around in ten or fifteen years when Hayao Miyazaki or his creative heir makes these books into a comprehensive anime series. Even if they go straight to video, I would buy them. ;)

Posted by Deanie on March 13, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Hope this is just tabloid newpapers trying to make a big story out of nothing!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on March 13, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Yin_yang_thumb

Actually, in the book it was the absence of any candidate who could have been the Half-Blood Prince that caused any tension about him.

The fact is that Snape would have caught on much faster if he had ever seen Harry in potions class during this year.

I am sure that Snapes considered part, if not most, of Slughorn’s praise as Sluggie wanting his “Slug Club” celebrity to be outstanding.

After all, he would want his collection to have exceptionally talented people. He also would want to be the one who discovered or developed those exceptional talents. He also wanted Harry. And for Harry to be exceptional. ;)

Posted by Deanie on March 13, 2009, 12:57 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

O no !!! i really hope none of these reviews are true…. I really want it to be good!!!

Posted by ginnywp WBM on March 13, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

I’m going to try to ignore this bit of news and just hope it isn’t true. Bear in mind that the Sun isn’t exactly the most reliable newspaper around and, if the news is true, we can’t just assume the movies horrible. I’m going to wait till I actually watch the movie before I build up any sort of critique based on someone else’s opinion.

Posted by Dances with Dobby on March 13, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I find these rumors highly frustrating.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 13, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Probably just stiring up trouble. I hope . . . . . :(

Fangirl_thumb

Well, it’s not really a ‘secret’ screeening anymore, is it? I do hope that they didn’t cut out too much of the good stuff.

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 14, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Born in 1963, I read the Lord of the Rings when I was in 4th grade, and again when I was around 24, and I am under the opinion that the movies were fairly true to the books. Why not with HP?

So it looks like I wait for it to come out on DVD?

So when the movies are eventually get remade in say 50 years to correct the travesty we have now, do you think any of the young actors like to be an older character?

Don’t laugh too hard, in 50 years movies will be three dimensional and there will be a desire to remake the series.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on March 15, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

The Sun is SUCH a tabloid!

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on March 15, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?