Update on the Harry Potter Video Games

Video Games
March 12, 2009, 12:35 PM

Two quick bits of news today regarding the Harry Potter video games. First, EA, makers of the games, gave a presentation in France, and revealed several new stills from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince game. You can see our entire collection of game stills here. At last word, the game is due to be released on July 14, 2009. A reminder as well, that the (caution, game spoilers at the link) soundtrack to the video game scored by James Hannigan will be made available next week.

A second update comes from Variety, who has a piece the licenses for the video games. The article points out that "EA's deal extends through Warner Bros.' last film, which will be part 2 of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 2011."  At this point we do not believe there will be two video games for Deathly Hallows or know at what point the game may be released either with Part one in November of 2010 or in July with the release of Deathly Hallows, Part Two.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

WOO-HOO!!!!! Awesome pictures and great to see all this news about HBP AND DH games. WICKED!

Posted by Robbie Rowe on March 12, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator

Posted by Robbie Rowe on March 12, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I think I’m going to finally break down and get this

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 12, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

looking good!

Posted by rebel on March 12, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
4558_110541317616_500052616_2408093_477353_n_thumb

I don’t know if I like the idea of two DH games, I like the idea of a DH game of course (it will be amazing to play the final battle!) But two games just seems odd too me

Posted by 10thweasley {WBM} on March 12, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Yeah, the concept of two games is odd. Games don’t have the limitations of film and so can handle fitting the whole book. Separating it would be like have the main adventure in one and the final battle in another. You don’t stop games in the middle. It’s too weird. I really hope it is just one.

Posted by eiVega on March 12, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I love the games! They feed the craving between movies!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 12, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m looking forward to playing this game! The stills look great!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 12, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

Any MMORPG won’t be out for awhile. Therer have been rumours of a mumorpuguh for years, I think the first ones were in 2003 or 2004 or something. My money is on a Lego Harry Potter game being the first HP game made after the movies. And I really, really hope that they remake Quidditch World Cup for the next-gen consoles. If we get one, I expect a mumorpuguh around the time the Scottish Book gets released. Not coinciding or anything, mind you, just that far in the future.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on March 12, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I don’t know if you read the comments for news stories that much but they just said on BBC1 that tomorrow there will be something along the lines of “Harry Potter meets Dragons Den” tomorrow for Comic Relief.

Dragons Den is a show where members of the public can go and try to get businessmen to support a product idea. I don’t know if I’ve explained it well, but I’m sure you can find something on google.

Posted by Linnyish on March 12, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

I want this game so much! I actually enjoyed the OotP game (more than the GoF game, anyway).

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 12, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I never play games, but I actually might get this..

Posted by Christine on March 12, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s cool, I figured the game would be out before the movie!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 12, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

I’m still not sure if I want to get this, I got the Order of the Phoenix game for DS and was kind of disappointed with it.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on March 12, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

So excited for the release of this game!

Posted by The Silver Doe on March 12, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

And Moody thought he, Harry, ought to be an Auror! Interesting idea... but somehow, Harry thought, as he got quietly into his four-poster ten minutes later, the egg and the cloak now safely back in his trunk, he thought he'd like to check how scarred the

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014