Shell Cottage Scene for Deathly Hallows to be Filmed in Wales?

DH Film
March 13, 2009, 06:43 AM

Here is a bit of news that is perhaps very cool and a bit sad for fans as well, as there are reports of a possible location for filming of the emotional scenes at Shell cottage in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Western Telegraph is reporting today that crews from WB have apparently been in the South Pembrokeshire coastal areas in Wales, scouting for a location that will be used for filming DH this summer. Quotage as follows:

"It is understood location staff from film company Warner Brothers have visited Pembrokeshire and booked hotel and self-catering accommodation in the area ahead of their arrival to film during early summer.

The seaside scenes in the book relate to the fictional village of Tinworth in Cornwall, the location of Shell Cottage where young wizards Harry, Ron and Hermione take shelter.

A spokesman for the Harry Potter production team said no specific locations for the film could be confirmed."

As noted in the article, WB has not confirmed this possible location for Deathly Hallows filming. We will continue to follow the story, updates when we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I don’t worry about anyone who just watches the movie. It’s the book lovers who count with me. When I heard they were casting Bill, I assumed they would be doing Shell Cottage. I don’t care if they get a new actress to play the part of Bill’s wife. I don’t know how much she has aged since she was in GOF. I wonder if they are indeed going to show the wedding too. Wonder if they will do a flashback showing how Bill’s face got messed up? They probably won’t even have his face messed up. I’m just glad they are finally going to have him in the movie.

Posted by Cool G on March 13, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG, Shell Cottage!! Please let this be true!

Posted by Christine on March 13, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

That would be a cool place for Shell Island. I hope that is true that they are using that site!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 13, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

lol, maybe they’re just taking a group holiday to Wales? :P

Posted by Linnyish on March 13, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Wow maybe this means they will finally include dobby in a movie again!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 13, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The location looks even more beautiful than I imagined it to be as I read the book. Hopefully it delivers a full emotional blow just as well as the book did.

Posted by Kirk on March 13, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’m sure that the seaside cliff scenes will work well in Wales. Squee.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 13, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Aw! I really hope this will be the location! I do think they will bring back Dobby and Clemence Poesy, seeing as how they cast Dung and Bill! (Which I am SO happy with!)

Can’t wait!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 13, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

I don’t care where they film it…as long as the scenes at Shell Cottage are in the movie, I’m good. Well…

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 13, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

It’s exciting to get so much movie news already! I think it’s harder to process because we still haven’t seen HBP so it’s hard to transition to DH. Also, since we’re so use to having things cut everything we learn about that could stay in is always a bonus! Yay! :)

Posted by eiVega on March 13, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Hope it’s Shell Cottage as I think that’s a really great scene – if very sad!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on March 13, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Its great knowing what theyre putting in… shell cottage is really important so its good theyre not cuttin it… or hopefully not…

Posted by ginnywp WBM on March 13, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Hagid_potterpuff_thumb

it sounds about what i pictured for the area of shell cottage , hope its true

Posted by ravenclawguy1972 ~Prongs~ ( J.O.R.) on March 13, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

I’m so excited.. i swear it feels like we’re getting more new about DH then we did for HBP.. I can’t wait for some more.. lol…

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 13, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

Hearing news about DH filming is making me excited. I really hope they do the final book justice. <3

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on March 13, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator

"I've put an Unbreakable Charm on the jar, you see, so [Rita Skeeter] can't transform. And I've told her she's to keep her quill to herself for a whole year. See if she can't break the habit of writing horrible lies about people."[br]Smiling serenely, Her

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014