Voice of Dan Radcliffe Not Part of Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince Video Game

Video Games
March 18, 2009, 04:03 PM

As July draws closer, we will be hearing more about the products tied in with the release of the sixth Harry Potter film. One such article is online today that features producers from speaking about the upcoming video game for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In this article from Videogamer.com, we learn that while several cast members have contributed their voices for their character counterpart in the games, actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter)is not one of those included. Quotage:

We've had a few of the cast come into the studio, but it's down to their availability. We couldn't get Daniel Radcliffe this year because he was doing Equus and making a movie, but we have his official voice double. When they go back to do over-dubs and things like that, he's the guy they use. And around the world we have all the actors we can get. Funnily enough, I think France and Germany are getting more of the original line-up.

In the interview, the EA producers also reveal they are working more closely with producers of the Harry Potter films:

We are lucky. And the fact that this is now the sixth game, and it's been the same production company all the way through in terms of the movies, and we've always had a very close working relationship with Warner brothers… you kind of grow together in a way. In the same way that the films have grown as big as they have - they're always eagerly awaited - it's definitely the case now that we know that what they like is what we like. The great thing is that things have now come to the point where… well, last year on Order of the Phoenix we built Hogwarts in full 3D. Kids loved it, and the movie production company loved it as well, so this time around [for the film] they looked at our 3D models and started planning shots.

JB: Their locations are all over the place, a castle in Scotland, a cathedral in Bath, so this lets them see how things join.

At last word, the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince video game was due to be released on July 15, 2009.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

well when i played ootp for ages i never noticed it wasn’t dan. It sounded a fair bit like him. Emma’s one is shocking…

But dan’s guy is pretty spot on so i’m not fazed!
We know fred and george aren’t in it…but they won’t have a big part would they?

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on March 18, 2009, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Cheryl_thumb

well its not like dan has been in the video games before
i know for sure he and ms watson were not voiced over, but mr grint, mr felton, and a lot of other people were in there.

Posted by Rooha Khan on March 18, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator

I’m not exactly sure how I feel about this. How much of a difference does it make in the experience if they use his double? I’m just not sure if I think it will affect the quality of the gaming experience.

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on March 18, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Just_me_thumb

Well…it is certainly disappointing…but I’m sure the important part is how good the game play is…and not necessarily the voice acting…I just hope the play gets even better this time around…I love the Wii version of Phoenix

Posted by chuckaw on March 18, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Just_me_thumb

I just had another thought…will they have two video games for Deathly Hallows? That would be kind of weird…

Posted by chuckaw on March 18, 2009, 10:33 PM report to moderator
Harrylisa_thumb

that sucks. we’ll survive……. hopefully.

Posted by weasley1497 ღROARღ on March 19, 2009, 12:32 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

i have no idea why..but i find this oddly hilarious…

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 19, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator

Shame… ://

Posted by Mairéad on March 19, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator
Small_thumb

does Harry talk in the video game anyway? I don’t think we would miss it at all. I just hope that they still scan him to make the character look like him.

Posted by grednforge7 on March 19, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Small_thumb

Posted by grednforge7 on March 19, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

I think it is funny that they have official voice doubles!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 19, 2009, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Sad but understandable…interesting to hear about the voice double, too! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on March 19, 2009, 02:21 AM report to moderator
My_owl_thumb

Oh wow! So there’s always been voice doubles?
I totally didn’t notice. Well, it can’t really be that big of thing now, can it? If we don’t know the difference, it can’t be something we’d miss besides in print.

Posted by Sorcha on March 19, 2009, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Fairground_by_dimitri86_thumb

I thought that was Dan in the Order of the Phoenix game. That voice-double is great! Emma’s one sounds nothing like her though. Good on Rupert for doing it though.

Posted by Seth on March 19, 2009, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

It’s a shame, but what can you do? Actor’s have lives, too.

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on March 19, 2009, 06:57 AM report to moderator

"My dears! Which of you left his seat first? Which?"[br]"Dunno," said Ron, looking uneasily at Harry.[br]"I doubt it will make much difference," said Professor McGonagall coldly, "unless a mad axe-man is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first in