John Hurt Talks More on Return as Mr. Ollivander for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 18, 2009, 08:04 PM

In May of last year we first told you that actor John Hurt had discussed his possible return as Mr. Ollivander to the Harry Potter film series. Tonight, there is more from the actor regarding his portrayal of the mysterious wand maker in the final Harry Potter films. In a new interview with This is Derbyshire, John Hurt says of his return: "I'm in negotiations at the minute because Ollivander comes back into the books," he says. "My son was 12 when it all first started and he was thrilled at the time that I was in it. And all things being equal I will be back."

Filming began last month on the two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with Part One due in November 2010, and Part Two to be released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

102_0002_thumb

aww i remember when they showed the very first look of the movie, and it was the Ollivander scene, it was so exciting, i hope he’s Ollivander again!

Posted by Carmenriots on March 18, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Maybe I’m in a cynical mood, but this sounds like a money issue to me. “All things being equal…” I hope that WB is not trying to get him for nothing, and I hope he’s not trying to take them to the bank in order to have him back. He is the perfect Ollivander and it will NOT be the same if they have to use someone else!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on March 18, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Yay! Can’t wait for his scenes with Luna! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 18, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Of course he’s Ollivander! No changes…it would crush us!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 18, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Me1_thumb

YAY! _

Posted by Jesicurz93 on March 18, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Hp_sp_thumb

Yay for John as Olivander.

Posted by Gryffin20 on March 18, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Images_9__thumb

I think he did a great job portraying Mr. Ollivander and I like how they’ve managed to keep just about all the same characters played by the same actors/actresses throughout the entire series. It’s awesome!

Posted by Hedwig823 on March 18, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator

I hope he comes back and they don’t replace him or cut his part completely. I thought he did a great job in SS; he was mysterious enough without seeming like he was trying too hard.

Posted by RAB66 on March 18, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

yay! he is a great ollivander

Icon_thumb

I love the scenes at Malfoy Manor and at Shell Cottage with Ollivander and Griphook the whole “Hallows or Horcruxes” decision…so pivotal. Also I hope they show Luna getting a new wand. I thought that was a nice aside.

Posted by realspace on March 18, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

He is a good Ollivander. Creepy, interesting. . . I agree with Harry, I am not sure if I like him too much, but he is verrryy interesting! Can’t wait to see him in DH!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 18, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

can’t really imagine anyone else!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 18, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I hope they can work out the details. I love that they have brought back the same actors as much as possible for continuity reasons.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 18, 2009, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yay! Looks like things are on the right track for his return! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 18, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i’m so glad they’re including all of these characters in DH. i cannot wait to see these movies!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 18, 2009, 11:50 PM report to moderator

"Anyway, one of them grabbed Ginny's foot, I used the Reductor Curse and blew up Pluto in his face, but..."[br]Luna gestured hopelessly at Ginny, who was breathing in a very shallow way, her eyes still closed.