John Hurt Talks More on Return as Mr. Ollivander for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
March 18, 2009, 08:04 PM

In May of last year we first told you that actor John Hurt had discussed his possible return as Mr. Ollivander to the Harry Potter film series. Tonight, there is more from the actor regarding his portrayal of the mysterious wand maker in the final Harry Potter films. In a new interview with This is Derbyshire, John Hurt says of his return: "I'm in negotiations at the minute because Ollivander comes back into the books," he says. "My son was 12 when it all first started and he was thrilled at the time that I was in it. And all things being equal I will be back."

Filming began last month on the two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, with Part One due in November 2010, and Part Two to be released July, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I hope he comes back. He was an awesome Ollivander.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on March 19, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Ollivander back that the best news.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 19, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

I think he was/is the perfect Ollivander. He captures exactly what I pictured from the books! Hooray!

Posted by cryospear on March 19, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

Perfect, that just made my morning
<33333

Posted by KennedyJames on March 19, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I vote for John Hurt as Ollivander too. He has just the right touch so that you are not quite sure which side he is really on.

Posted by budgie on March 19, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Hope this works out – he was great

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 19, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator
Huffleportrait__1_of_1__thumb

SQUEEE!!!!

Posted by HuffleWahine on March 19, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

It will be great to see Mr. Ollivander return to the films.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 19, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Great news! John Hurt is awesome!! =)

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on March 19, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

Oh! I hope soo………….! I liked him.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on March 19, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Yay! Everybody’s coming back! Now all we need is Clemence Poesy! I can’t wait for this movie and am excited to see John Hurt’s scences! He really did amazing in SS / PS!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 19, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

I want him to come back because i loved him in the first film :D Exactly as i imagined him :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 19, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Kris_thumb

I’m glad he will return for the last films.. I adore him as Ollivander!

Posted by Karrelien on March 19, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

I’m happy to hear be is coming back! He’s so great!

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on March 19, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

Sweet! Wand lore is one of my favorite things in Deathly Hallows and we NEED Ollivander for that! Woot!

Posted by mrh216 on March 19, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator

"Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," smirked Malfoy. "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house --"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014