New Harry Potter Character Sketches Due From Mary GrandPre

Books
March 19, 2009, 09:37 PM

The Herald Tribune is reporting tonight that artist Mary GrandPre, who provided illustrations and cover art for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels from Scholastic, will "draw 25 original sketches of characters from the series to benefit Forty Carrots Family Center's Capital Campaign."

The piece continues:

Reservations for the sketches, in black and white or color, will be taken during this weekend's Masters Art Festival at Payne Park in Sarasota. The sketches will be priced at $1,000 for black and white, $2,000 for color in a 9x12-inch size.

For more information call 365-7716.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

L_s_icon_thumb

Awesome! I love her artwork. :)

Posted by VeganMudblood on March 19, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_hbp_broomstick_thumb

Excellent artwork!

So close to first…

Posted by The Sorting Hat on March 19, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator
Just_me_thumb

Squeeeeee…this is awesome!!!!

Posted by chuckaw on March 19, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Krum_avatar2_thumb

I hope they somehow make these illustrations available for anyone – maybe in a calendar or something.

Posted by AccioKrum on March 19, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator

I wish I had the money to get one! :(

I hope they make them available too. Maybe if enough people complain, they will? LOL

Posted by on March 19, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is fantastic that she has created these works for such a good cause. It must have taken a lot of effort on her part to create all of this art.

Needless to say, I do hope that we are able to view at least some of what she did. I certainly do enjoy the art she has conceived for the series.

Posted by Kirk on March 19, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Img_2773_-_version_2_thumb

I want to see them! I LOVE her work

Posted by Jeff on March 19, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I hope there will be a way that we can see them!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 19, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Bug_thumb

Oh wow, I think her art is fantastic! I hope they’ll make them available to the general public. . . maybe a postcard book? Just like JKR made Beedle public in an accessible way. . . :D

Posted by Hufflebug on March 19, 2009, 10:14 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I hope we can see pictures!

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 19, 2009, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Very cool… I love Mary GrandPre’s artwork! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 19, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

hm the prices really aren’t that bad considering who they’re coming from. She really has a knack for pastels, they’re not very easy to use.

Posted by PaintTheSky on March 19, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Iluna_thumb

Oooh, yay! I’m so looking forward to this!

Posted by shannonbananen !WBM! on March 19, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
4558_110541317616_500052616_2408093_477353_n_thumb

I wish I could go see them! I’m only like 6 hrs away, but my dad won’t let me go :P

Posted by 10thweasley {WBM} on March 19, 2009, 11:00 PM report to moderator
P9170663_thumb

At times like this I wish I have money….

Posted by leakylally on March 19, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Cho's hand was lying on the table beside her coffee, and Harry was feeling a mounting pressure to take hold of it... Amazing how much more difficult it was to extend his arm twelve inches and touch her hand than to snatch a speeding Snitch from midair...