New Harry Potter Character Sketches Due From Mary GrandPre

Books
March 19, 2009, 09:37 PM

The Herald Tribune is reporting tonight that artist Mary GrandPre, who provided illustrations and cover art for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels from Scholastic, will "draw 25 original sketches of characters from the series to benefit Forty Carrots Family Center's Capital Campaign."

The piece continues:

Reservations for the sketches, in black and white or color, will be taken during this weekend's Masters Art Festival at Payne Park in Sarasota. The sketches will be priced at $1,000 for black and white, $2,000 for color in a 9x12-inch size.

For more information call 365-7716.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Img_0763_thumb

Oh, I wish that I could afford one of those.

Posted by Bella1951 (WBM) on March 20, 2009, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_tie_thumb

Excellent.

Posted by SevenMinutesToMidnight {WBM} on March 20, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

Her artwork is great!

Posted by cryospear on March 20, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

Damn I wish they released a small book with all the sketch and artwork done for the books….That would be amazing!!

Posted by akcorr on March 20, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_bigger_thumb

Oh great! I can’t wait to see them :)

Posted by AllysonLassiter on March 20, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I hope we still get to see them! They are pricey, but im sure they are worth it!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on March 20, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It’s so cool that she’s doing this for a great cause :)
Like other people have said, I really love her artwork & hope that sometime in the future these sketches will be available as a book or calendar or something :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 20, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I think Leaky needs to start raising money so we can buy some of those sketches!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on March 20, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

I hope they have pictures! Her artwork is absolutly amazing.

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on March 20, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I love her work. It really helps you visualize the characters.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 20, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Darn…if only I had $2,000…
I want to see them tho! her art work is great!

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 20, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Darn…if only I had $2,000…
I want to see them tho! her art work is great!

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 20, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

if only i had the money. way awesome artwork.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 20, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

This is such a cool thing that she is doing.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on March 20, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

wow! she’s really good!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 20, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Er -- how are you, Professor?" said Ron, sounding slightly guilty...[br]"I'm very well indeed, thank you!" said Lockhart exuberantly, pulling a rather battered peacock-feather quill from his pocket. "Now, how many autographs would you like? I can do joi