New Harry Potter Character Sketches Due From Mary GrandPre

Books
March 19, 2009, 09:37 PM

The Herald Tribune is reporting tonight that artist Mary GrandPre, who provided illustrations and cover art for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels from Scholastic, will "draw 25 original sketches of characters from the series to benefit Forty Carrots Family Center's Capital Campaign."

The piece continues:

Reservations for the sketches, in black and white or color, will be taken during this weekend's Masters Art Festival at Payne Park in Sarasota. The sketches will be priced at $1,000 for black and white, $2,000 for color in a 9x12-inch size.

For more information call 365-7716.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

2vbx3b5_thumb

This is great. I always love her work and like someone else said before pastels are tough to work with. I really hope we at least get to see pics of these or something. I have the same flying car print from COS as Bookworm_Weasley does as well as the polyjuice one and they are both so beautiful to look at.

Posted by bella vita on March 22, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i hope someone puts them online, i would love to see them!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 22, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Hg32_thumb

I hope we’ll get to see the pictures! Her artwork is soo nice!

Posted by deri-girl on March 22, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator

Awesome. I hope we can see them someday.

Posted by badger666 on March 22, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Dscf3733_02_thumb

i don’t know if you know this,
but i’ve been trying to look at your chapter and book art in the galleries,
and none of the links are working.

but i’m excited about this.

Posted by duo_93 on March 22, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Yay! More art! :)

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 22, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Soo exciting!! :)

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on March 23, 2009, 12:00 AM report to moderator

I saw one of the originals. It was huge. Maybe 12×18. It was of Harry looking into the Mirror with his parents really misty in the background. I think it was the same as the 10th anniversary cover. It was an awesome picture. The silent auction bidding started at $5,000!! Way too pricey for me… but it was a beautiful thing to see. Also came with paperwork.. you can’t sell it or reproduce it.. but it did sell…for a good cause…

Posted by flbeachbeth on March 23, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator

I agree with the calender idea, that would be great.

Posted by iamrodefer22 on March 23, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

Very cool, I hope we have a chance to see some of these

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on March 23, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

I wish I could go.

Posted by snapealicious on March 28, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

very good job

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 30, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator

"Listen to me, reliving family history..." he said quietly, "why, I am growing quite sentimental..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014