Harry, A History Updates: Audio, Events and More

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
March 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

There are a few updates on the Harry, A History front!

Firstly, the audio edition was made available this month! It was released by Tantor Media and read by actress Renee Raudman. You can get it in person in a bookstore, or on Amazon here, on iTunes here, on Audible here. You can hear a sample by clicking here (I chose one that has the "voices" for John Noe, Sue Upton and Paul DeGeorge.)

Second, plans are shaping up for the summer and beyond with book events at LeakyCon, Azkatraz, a signing right outside San Francisco on May 3, and an event at BookPeople in Austin, TX, on June 30. I'll have a lot more info on Harry events soon, as the PotterCast/Remus Lupins/Whomping Willows tour plans firm up. Meanwhile you can keep up to date on events and other news at this facebook page or here on the book's site. I love visiting schools and libraries, so if you'd like to request an event please contact David Buchalter!

Last but certainly not least, the German edition was previewed recently at the Leipzig Book Fair. You can check out pictures at this page. I hope to have more updates about other editions soon!

Once again - and I feel like I can't say this enough - thank you all for all the unbelievable support you've offered me and the book, and for all your notes, owls, PMs, Facebook messages, e-mails, and snail-mail letters. I'm still slowly working through them but I am reading and appreciating them all. See you soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

Yay know i can listen even if i do have the book

Posted by FrancescaElle on March 25, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator

I have a copy of the book. I haven’t started reading it yet, though. Everyone tells me it’s amazing!

Posted by on March 25, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator

It is so amazing! and you need to go read it right now! I am not one much for audio books, but I got so excited just listening to the preview up there. That book makes me beyond happy. It is amazing to just go back and relive some of the most exciting times in my life. I just realized that this October is my ten year Potter anniversary. I am going to reread the whole series.

Posted by greenfire on March 25, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator

The German copy looks nice! I like the cover better than the USA one!

Posted by Bradyboy on March 25, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawscarf_thumb

I am so Glad that the bool is now available in audio, I just havent mastered the “spell” to make book read to me. I look forward to receiving the audio even tho I have the book !
Bigg Huggs Mellissa
Flittwick

Posted by Flittwick on March 25, 2009, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Gallery_hermione_granger_1_thumb

hehe! the reader sounds so cool!!!!!!! :D :D i love it!!!

Posted by Ginny Granger *Squee* on March 25, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I am happy for you Melissa and the reader sounds so good.
i love it!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 25, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator

The audio book sounds really cool but there is something very odd about hearing Melissa talking in first person with someone else’s voice. When I read the paper copy, I heard it in Melissa’s voice. =)

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on March 25, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator

Ooo! I love the reader. I wanna buy it, but I already have the book…. my mom won’t let me. :(

Posted by elaphantluv34 on March 25, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

I have the audiobook, and that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking as I listen to it, Noble Birth. It was also extremely odd to hear Jo’s foreward read with an American accent, LOL. :)

Looking forward to seeing you at LeakyCon, Melissa!

Posted by Bookworm Jen on March 25, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I want the audio book!

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 25, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

I’m looking forward to getting a copy of the Audio book. (Too many long drives to be without something of quality of which to listen.) Also, looking forward to the May 3 event in concord and Azkatraz in the summer. I wish I could make it to LeakyCon, but it just ain’t gonna happen :( (So I choose to focus on the events I do get to make it to! :) )

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on March 25, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Photo_10_thumb

Squeee! so exciting!

Posted by alanayvonne on March 25, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The book is fantastic and I am contemplating buying the audio version as well!

Posted by Kirk on March 25, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Audiobook is HUGE!

Mel your amazing and we’re all so proud that your out there doing this and getting out the message that to be a fan isn’t to be a mad person. Thank you for that… Yay hoping your sucess will just grow and grow…

Posted by JustSuperMione on March 25, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator

"It was definitely a curse that killed her -- probably the Transmogrifian Torture -- I've seen it used many times, so unlucky I wasn't there, I know the very countercurse that would have saved her...."