Harry, A History Updates: Audio, Events and More

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
March 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

There are a few updates on the Harry, A History front!

Firstly, the audio edition was made available this month! It was released by Tantor Media and read by actress Renee Raudman. You can get it in person in a bookstore, or on Amazon here, on iTunes here, on Audible here. You can hear a sample by clicking here (I chose one that has the "voices" for John Noe, Sue Upton and Paul DeGeorge.)

Second, plans are shaping up for the summer and beyond with book events at LeakyCon, Azkatraz, a signing right outside San Francisco on May 3, and an event at BookPeople in Austin, TX, on June 30. I'll have a lot more info on Harry events soon, as the PotterCast/Remus Lupins/Whomping Willows tour plans firm up. Meanwhile you can keep up to date on events and other news at this facebook page or here on the book's site. I love visiting schools and libraries, so if you'd like to request an event please contact David Buchalter!

Last but certainly not least, the German edition was previewed recently at the Leipzig Book Fair. You can check out pictures at this page. I hope to have more updates about other editions soon!

Once again - and I feel like I can't say this enough - thank you all for all the unbelievable support you've offered me and the book, and for all your notes, owls, PMs, Facebook messages, e-mails, and snail-mail letters. I'm still slowly working through them but I am reading and appreciating them all. See you soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Congrats on all of your success! Your book is awesome!!!!

Posted by IssaBissa on March 25, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Cool. . . . I can try out the audiobook. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 25, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

i don’t know, her voice just kinda annoys me…too bad you couldn’t get jim dale! lol.

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on March 25, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

i LOVED the book though! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

The-moose_thumb

Okay so I’m now going to go away and consider the significance that I sat here listening to the audio book and knew what words were coming next. I didnt read the book that much … reallyreally

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 25, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Chrissypuff_thumb

Congrats Melissa on having your book become and audio book! I am super proud of all you have accomplished and I cant wait to see what else you have in store for us:)

Posted by ChrissyPuff on March 25, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator

Wow that’s so cool!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on March 25, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

LOL! I love the German cover too. Very sharp looking.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 25, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s great news! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 25, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
4266_95379003085_554113085_2686657_2975125_n_thumb

awesomeness! I love the book so much!

Posted by Sam H. on March 25, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

Congrats, Melissa! And an "international edition,too! That’s wonderful. :)

Posted by Lunabelle7 on March 25, 2009, 06:51 PM report to moderator
Snape_vs__sirius_normal_thumb

I’m listening to the selection on the post right now…that’s amazing, Melissa (your prose sounds even better\more effecting when read aloud).

Posted by Lunabelle7 on March 25, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Yay!

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 25, 2009, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

The voice for Sue is pretty much SPOT ON. That’s awesome.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on March 25, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

ooh goodie! I can see you in Austin! How exciting!

Posted by scarletti1 on March 25, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator

"Black and Potter. Ringleaders of their little gang. Both very bright, of course -- exceptionally bright, in fact -- but I don't think we've ever had such a pair of troublemakers --"[br]"I dunno," chuckled Hagrid. "Fred and George Weasley could give 'em a

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014