Harry, A History Updates: Audio, Events and More

Harry, A History
Posted by: Melissa
March 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

There are a few updates on the Harry, A History front!

Firstly, the audio edition was made available this month! It was released by Tantor Media and read by actress Renee Raudman. You can get it in person in a bookstore, or on Amazon here, on iTunes here, on Audible here. You can hear a sample by clicking here (I chose one that has the "voices" for John Noe, Sue Upton and Paul DeGeorge.)

Second, plans are shaping up for the summer and beyond with book events at LeakyCon, Azkatraz, a signing right outside San Francisco on May 3, and an event at BookPeople in Austin, TX, on June 30. I'll have a lot more info on Harry events soon, as the PotterCast/Remus Lupins/Whomping Willows tour plans firm up. Meanwhile you can keep up to date on events and other news at this facebook page or here on the book's site. I love visiting schools and libraries, so if you'd like to request an event please contact David Buchalter!

Last but certainly not least, the German edition was previewed recently at the Leipzig Book Fair. You can check out pictures at this page. I hope to have more updates about other editions soon!

Once again - and I feel like I can't say this enough - thank you all for all the unbelievable support you've offered me and the book, and for all your notes, owls, PMs, Facebook messages, e-mails, and snail-mail letters. I'm still slowly working through them but I am reading and appreciating them all. See you soon!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Harry, A History News

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I love this book!! Congrats Melissa!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on March 25, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

yay! i’ll try it

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 25, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator

This book has got to be a seminal work in the detail given to protecting the Potter series during a time line which encompassed many years. I really enjoyed listening to its audio version.

Posted by Glowstick on March 25, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator

Mel I can’t believe that there’s an audiobook too! So great to listen to that first chapter… got me all excited all over again, just like the first time I read your book, and just like that day in January 07 when the events in it actually happened to me. What an incredible feeling of excitement you are able to convey!!

Posted by fbv807 on March 25, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator

Awesome for Melissa. I still prefer reading books on my own though!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on March 25, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I liked the book. I’m sure many people will love the audiobook.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 25, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

OMG! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I’m so getting this RIGHT NOW!

The actress sounds great, its funny hearing her do John XD

Congrats Melissa! XOXO

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on March 25, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Congrats, Melissa! It’s wonderful that your book has taken off in such huge ways!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on March 26, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Dsc02324_thumb

I like her portrayal of John’s voice.

Posted by thegoodbella on March 26, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Thanks so much guys! I’m so thrilled to hear you’re enjoying the audiobook and I’m SO very excited about all the events that are coming together for summer. I hope to see you soon!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on March 26, 2009, 02:07 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

go read it!!! it’s so funny!

Cool. I hope you can sign my copy at Azkatraz. Will you be doing it each day or just one of the days? And where is the signing that’s near SF?

Posted by badger666 on March 26, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Now you know you have made it

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on March 26, 2009, 05:27 AM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

So weird to hear a different voice describing your story! Especially having listened to it “as it happened” via Pottercast.. Her voice kinda reminds me of NPR’s Terry Gross, which conjures up all kinds of strange images in my head… Now where’s the German audio verson!

Posted by Averyfan on March 26, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

This is all so cool Melissa!! Congratulations again and again!!

Posted by RavenclawDancer on March 26, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious you've made these up?" said Hermione.[br]"How dare you!" said Ron, in mock outrage. "We've been working like house-elves down here!"[br]Hermione raised her eyebrows.[br]"It's just an expression," said Ron hastily.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014