Tom Felton Talks Filming with Jason Isaacs as the Malfoy Family for "Deathly Hallows"

Felton
March 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

Actor Tom Felton has given a new interview where he discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Noting he has not yet begun filming his role as Draco Malfoy for the final two installments in the Harry Potter series, Tom said: "I can't wait for the next one, it's very exciting. I've been up to where the film is shot a couple of times and it's ready to go. I haven't started yet so can't give anything away!"

He also goes on to say how much he is looking forward again to working with actor Jason Isaacs, who memorably portrays Death Eater Lucius Malfoy and the father of Draco. Tom Felton is complimentary of the work Jason does on set, stating: "Lucius is an evil son of a gun and Jason is very good at turning that on when he's talking to you normally, it's scary." He continued

"I haven't seen him for a couple of years but he's a great guy and he is a bit of a dad. I look up to him a lot when we're filming, he's a good role model to have on the set to follow in his footsteps."

UPDATE: Thanks to Tom Felton himself as he let it be known via his official public Twitter that there was new video of him at the event speaking on Harry Potter here via Digital Spy

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I love how he said Jason’s a role model :].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on March 30, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Ootphr2_snitchseeker_thumb

He’s a great actor and all but I’m just having a real hard time not hating him off-screen.

Posted by LunaLover93 on March 30, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

I love Tom…. I’m so excited for DH it’s ridiculous!

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on March 30, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Harry_a_history_1_thumb

they are both great actors and perfect for their parts.
I didn’t realise Tom was 21, thought he was older…

Posted by mycatspartkneazle on March 30, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

thats great! =)

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 30, 2009, 03:48 PM report to moderator

Tom and Jason both are very talented actors. They really have a connection that a father and son would actually have.

Posted by on March 30, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

how cool that he thinks of jason as a father when tom’s playing draco and jason’s playing lucius! that’s awesome!

Posted by KatherineWeasley on March 30, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I love those two. They are awesome!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on March 30, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love them both :) I can’t wait for Malfoy Manor!! :D

Posted by Christine on March 30, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

It’s really cool how Tom looks up to Jason.

Posted by Imperiused! on March 30, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator

Tom Felton makes a wonderful Draco Malfoy!!!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on March 30, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator

Tom Felton makes a wonderful Draco Malfoy!!!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on March 30, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

(I know this is off topic) I didn’t mean to post twice!! I am soo sorry!

Posted by elaphantluv34 on March 30, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Capture_thumb

cool that he thinks of Jason Isaacs as a dad because he is tom’s dad in the films – if that makes sense

Posted by ChaseT on March 30, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

it must be soo cool to have Jason Isaccs play your dad, Helen McCrory play your mom, and Helena Bohnam Carter play your deranged aunt. Luck Tom!!! HBP you are torturing me!!! I need to see this movie now!!

Posted by cghambright on March 30, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator

The thing Wormtail had been carrying had the shape of a crouched human child, except that Harry had never seen anything less like a child. It was hairless and scaly-looking, a dark, raw, reddish black. Its arms and legs were thin and feeble, and its face

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014