Harry Potter Conferences News: We Are Wizards to Screen at LeakyCon 2009, Azkatraz Update

Conventions
March 07, 2009, 11:55 AM

We have couple pieces of news today regarding two of the Harry Potter fan conferences set for later this year. First up: We are proud to announce that We Are Wizards, the documentary on the Harry Potter fandom, will be screening at LeakyCon 2009. The showing will take place Friday, May 22nd as part of the regular programming at our first convention which will take place in Boston, Massachusetts in just a few months. Directed by Josh Koury, the We Are Wizards documentary spotlights various facets of our community, and feature some familiar faces including Wizard rockers Harry and the Potters and other great groups,  as well as comic book artist  Brad Neely and TLC's own Melissa Anelli. For more on the documentary, click here, and you can see the trailer for the movie, here via YouTube.

As noted previously, LeakyCon 2009 will take place May 21- 24 in Boston, and registrations for the event are going fast!  For more on how to be part of our first convention, hotel news, programming and more, please click here. Hope to see you there!

The second piece of news involves Azkatraz 2009, the HPEF Harry Potter conference being held later this summer July 17- 21st in San Francisco, California. The conference is extending  the basic $145 registration date now until April 15th. To take advantage of this before rates rise and for more on what is sure to be a fun event for Potter fans everywhere, please click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

Rh7_thumb

Jealous!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on March 08, 2009, 01:45 AM report to moderator

Another reason to be sad about not going to LeakyCon! :(
I want to see that so much! And stupid itunes australia doesn’t have it available.

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 08, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Great! I haven’t had a chance to see it yet!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on March 08, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

I CAN`T GO, and i CAN`T BUY IT, because you can ONLY BUY IT ONLINE, which I CAN`T! jees…

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on March 08, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

I’m so sad that I just moved from Boston back to the Midwest. At least we have the HP exhibit opening up this April in Chicago. Anyone else planning to attend opening day?

Posted by ProfKnight on March 08, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

lucky i want to see it so bad! i cant go!!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 08, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
4266_95379003085_554113085_2686657_2975125_n_thumb

I so totally want to go to LeakyCon, but i can’t :(((((
We Are Wizards is one of my favorite movies!

Posted by Sam H. on March 08, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

i wish i could go !! ;(

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator

Oh, I want to go to LeakyCon, but I can’t, sigh. It sounds wonderful.

Posted by badger666 on March 08, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator

Aw man, I wish I could go.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 08, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_7_thumb

Looking for change in husband pockets, old purses…

Posted by AngelasCrochetingCorner on March 09, 2009, 03:08 AM report to moderator
Dscn2181_thumb

Too bad i’m in school for one and i’ll be in europe for the other =/

Posted by potterized0218 [FTC!!!] on March 09, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

I’m so jealous. I wish I could go :P

Posted by Lady of the Lake on March 09, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
16203961-90237a1f008e930988d1722cde5c4947_4a5443f1-scaled_thumb

well i can’t go to neither one, but i will rent We Are Wizards on iTunes!

Posted by cliff62442 on March 09, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Profilebild_thumb

oh, yay! that’s great news! I always wanted to see We are Wizards. Yay!!

Posted by Alatarielle on March 09, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator

...the tentacles began wrapping themselves around Ron's arms like ropes.[br]"Harry, look what's happen -- no -- no, I don't like it -- no, stop -- [i]stop[/i] --"[br]But the thin ribbons were spinning around Ron's chests now. He tugged and tore at them as

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014