LeakyNews.com

Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

9722800_thumb

I think he’d make a very wonderful Bill :D

Posted by followingthesun on March 08, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

Hmmm…very interesting. I have to say that I really thought they would probably cut Bill from DH completely and either cut the wedding scene entirely or have it be Lupin and Tonks’s wedding, but it looks like I might be wrong. As much as I like it when they actually stick to the books, I’m not sure how I feel about being introduced to Bill (and re-introduced to Fleur?) since I had gotten so used to the idea of them not being in DH.

Posted by badger666 on March 08, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator

I have heard that scenes from Bill & Fleur’s wedding are in the pre-filming script, and will be shot. Which ones make the final cut nis of course another matter.

Posted by WulfricBrian on March 08, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator

Very Bill to me

Posted by Zoom on March 08, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

I’ll be interested to see how they manage to pull this off. How are they going to introduce him? This also makes me wonder if they are going to have the wedding scene and if Fleur will be back.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on March 08, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Looks good – I too hope they put that scene in

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 09, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

He looks good for the part of Bill :)

Posted by the-charmed-baja on March 09, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator

he looks the part, a little bit. better than the one they had before.

would be nice if Bill is included on Deathly Hallows

Posted by Aine-gryffindorpuff on March 09, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator

He looks perfect! I really hope they have a wedding scene and a great shell cottage scene too!

Posted by jenbabe705 on March 09, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

He’d be a good Bill. It’s good to know that he’s being cast, because my friend had a theory that they were going to cut the Bill/Fleur stuff completely and replace them with Remus and Tonks.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on March 09, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

OH he’d make a great Bill! :D

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 09, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

He looks great for the part!

Posted by Felipe on March 09, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Wow! Spot on! He’s pretty handsome too :)

Posted by Sarabi on March 09, 2009, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

sweet :)

Posted by NoeLover42 on March 10, 2009, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Okay give me a moment to celebrate:
Celebrate! Celebration! Whoo hoo! Yay! Yay! Bill is in DH, Bill is in DH! Yayyyyy!!!!
Done now.
Anyway, hope they Fleur comes back so they will have the wedding scene! And I hope they have Shell Cottage, well I’m sure they have to! Also the actor portraying Bill looks a lot like a Weasly. Maybe not my Bill, but I’m too excited that Bill is in the movie to care!!!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 10, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?