LeakyNews.com

Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Img000029_thumb

He looks pretty similar to Bill, but I really hope he doesn’t have a strong Irish accent in the film. It would just be odd, if the rest of the Weasley’s don’t and Bill does :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on March 07, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

ew. isnt bill supposed to be hot?

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on March 07, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
40320resize_thumb

How exciting! He would make an excellent Bill!

Posted by Athena ★ROAR!★ on March 07, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I definitly find that he looks like a Weasley but that means he won’t look all scrached up and he won’t be part werewolf. That’s sad and makes me kind of mad because that means less funny lines by Fleur if she is in the movie. :(

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on March 07, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Oh my gosh.. I would love to have Bill in the movies :’)

It’s not execly the Bill I pictured, but he’s better then no Bill at all xD

Posted by Niphai on March 07, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

So, IF true, THEN this is the scenario I’ve suggested several times before (including within the past few days in the Mrs Granger thread): somehow, at the end of HBP, Ron turns to Harry and says something like “Yeah, but before you go off searching for Horcruxes, you need to come to my place this summer. Remember ole Fleur Delaceour? She’s marrying my brother Bill!”

If no wedding, then the Shell Cottage scenes would be rather disconcerting, yes?

And I am glad there’s finally going to be Dung as well…about time!

Posted by budb on March 07, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Dustin_and_crystal_thumb

I would to see Bill in the film that would make me happy Bill and Charlie were characters that I always liked when we did see them

Posted by squeakerteacher on March 07, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Wow,he looks good,would be a great Bill.I just hope this turns out to be true. oh and please please please Mundungus,i want to see the ’ Maybe one more for luck master Harry’ XD

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 07, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Wands_thumb

He would definitely fit in with the rest of the Weasley clan. I pictured Bill a bit more earthworn, but that’s just my opinion.

Posted by Percy_is_a_prat on March 07, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

Lordy….he’s a beautiful redhead!! He’d make a great Bill ! He looks a lot like both Ron and the Twins and would be a really believable Weasley! ( And he’s Mad-Eye’s son to boot!) Terrific!! He has MY vote!!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on March 07, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

He looks pretty much exactly how I pictured him in the books. I really want the wedding to be in the movie, but that’s just and fan’s hope.

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on March 07, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb
Wow this is big news. I just hope it turns out to be true, because it would be amazing to have the parts with Bill Weasley in the Deathly Hallows movie, especially Shell Cottage where the trio goes before going to Gringotts to get the Hufflepuff cup which is one of Voldemorts horcruxes.
Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on March 07, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Chapter19_thumb

He is such a fine looking Weasley, I think. I still have a small gleam of hope about the wedding being in the second to last film, I mean, all it would take to set up the story line is a “Bill and Fleur are getting married” before Fleur runs into the frame. xP. I think he’ll prolly help Ron at shell cottage. If he’s alone, well, they’ve made other more serious discrepancies. Harry’s eyes are green after all…

Either way, I am glad that Bill is (possibly) in the film.

Posted by Discribble on March 07, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Sue, where are these rumors coming from? Anyone know?

Just seems very odd that they would decide to include a character that hasn’t been seen or spoken of for the entire range of the of first 6 films. This may be good from a book fan standpoint, but will it work for the movie?

Posted by mollywobble on March 07, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator

About a month ago a source on IMdB, who has proved very reliable in the past, said they’d seen a callsheet for DH and Bill was on it. They’d no information on casting but this seems to confirm they were right again. At least this is one less excuse for people to moan about the movie(s) ‘adaption’.

Posted by on March 07, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?