LeakyNews.com

Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

Looks good, to me…but as Sue has said, very much in the rumor category! No speculations, for me! I like to be surprised!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on March 07, 2009, 08:33 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

he doesnt look like a Bill that much. thats not wat i expected him to look like.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 07, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator

I hope so, I want tosee the wedding!

Posted by Bradyboy on March 07, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Does anyone know where these rumors are coming from?

Posted by YodatheHobbit on March 07, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

If you look at the second picture of him he really does look like the twins. Eerie. Gives me hope that both he and Clemence will be in DH.

Posted by izziewitch on March 07, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Yeah, casting news. I hope it turns out to be true.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 07, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

Oh wow, he looks like a Weasley! I hope this isn’t just a rumor. :)

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on March 07, 2009, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I hope that they have Bill in the movie!

Posted by wizardinventor on March 07, 2009, 09:17 PM report to moderator
Lights-_by_hakupuff_thumb

I can see him playing Bill. I just really hope we have Bill in DH at all! And Charlie!!

Posted by Samantha on March 07, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

i agree its sad that phlegm, oh, i mean fleur, wasn’t back for HBP, but i really hope they include her and bill in DH. I hope they do the wedding and shell cottage, and Domhnall looks like a good bill. i think he would do a good job, fingers crossed hes cast :D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on March 07, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

He looks almost nothing like what I imagined
need longer hair. But still good cast pick

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

he reminds me of the way i imagined bill! Gah i hope they cast him

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on March 07, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator

i imagined Bill a bit more rugged while reading the books, but i like this guy – he looks like a Weasley! I really want to see the wedding scene in the movie too!

Posted by Smara Malfoy on March 07, 2009, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Poa34_thumb

oh GOD I hope this is true!! I really wanted to see the wedding and shell cottage. But why oh WHY didn’t they bring Bill in earlier?

Posted by Fawcett on March 07, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

I hope he does Bill justice in the movies

Posted by ProfKnight on March 07, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?