Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Green_hummers_thumb

Wicked, He looks like a Weasley. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the wedding to be in the movie!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 11, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 11, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Yay, Bill! Not really how I pictured him at all, but I’m really happy that they’ve cast him! Hopefully they leave the wedding in, but I can’t imagine them cutting out Shell Cottage.

Posted by choirgeek on March 11, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Posted by choirgeek on March 11, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

ACK, I’m so sorry about the double comment! :/

Posted by choirgeek on March 11, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Lily_et_harry_by_fonsalis_thumb

I imagined his hair a bit shaggier, but I think he could grow it out in time! :) other then that, he’ll be a good Bill Weasly.

Posted by TimeTurnerFanx on March 17, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Th_bella004_thumb

have to agree with LizetM he’s not “hot” enough to be bill…

Posted by theonlysong on May 04, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

He certainly looks like he fits the part.

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on May 12, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
200px-elder_wand_thumb

oh it’s cool!

Posted by yr.yasindu"ROAR" on August 21, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator

The others moved in closer around Harry, gazing at the orb as he brushed it free of the clogging dust.[br]And then, from right behind them, a drawling voice said, "Very good, Potter. Now turn around, nice and slowly, and give that to me."