Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Fangirl_thumb

I think Domnhall’d make a wonderful Bill, he’s got a certain ‘eldest brother’ look about him. And, of course, he has the natural signature red hair that defines the Weasley family. :]

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 07, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

I gotta say, he doesn’t look like how I imaginged Bill. But not every character is portrayed exactly how every reader imagines them :) I’m sure whoever they choose will do a good job.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on March 07, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Hmmm… I agree with muzic823, I imagine Bill to be more handsome than that and more cool (I have a secret crush on Bill :P). But I’m glad that they will include Bill if ever. I hope so. :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 07, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator

He definitely looks like a Weasley!

Posted by on March 07, 2009, 11:12 PM report to moderator
Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

Wow, he looks just like how I imagined Bill. I really hope they bring Fleur back. They need to keep the wedding.

Posted by Hermione Weasley on March 07, 2009, 11:24 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

Oh, he looks like he’d be fantastic as Bill! I agree, stevenk. He definitely looks like a Weasley!

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 07, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

he can look like Bill. But he looks more like Lupin to me! haha

Posted by Shalanarah on March 07, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator

Works for me! He’d blend well into the Weasley Clan!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on March 07, 2009, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Lindseyleia_thumb

I’ve always wanted to see Bill. I have had a crush on him since GoF. =0

Posted by Gertie Keddle {WBM} on March 07, 2009, 11:54 PM report to moderator

Wooow! He is Bill for me. :-)

Posted by Lily_Severus on March 07, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

I think the attack on bill was cut from HBP since bill isn’t in HBP. I think he looks like a good bill and this is a great bit of news.

I was afraid that the wedding was going to be cut and i really want it as sort of the last moment before the craziness begins. I think what makes the danger seem so real is the quiet moments in between.

Also, who are we kidding one last moment for all the kids to dress up and flirt a little.

Posted by decarus on March 08, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

He looks perfect! Exactly as I imagined! Hope it’s true.

Posted by Aga Veneficus on March 08, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Wow … if this is true, that’s super awesome casting. He would be PERFECT as Bill.

I can’t see how they’d have Bill without having Fleur … there’d really be no point in bringing him in to the story at this late stage if not to include the wedding and the Shell Cottage part.

Come on Phlegm! :)

Posted by Ravenclawed on March 08, 2009, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Angel_reader_chagall_thumb

Oh, I’d love it if they had a Bill for Deathly Hallows, and if they brought Mlle. Poesy back as Fleur. I know the filmmakers’ biggest concern is to make a movie that’s good on its own — but, as a book fan, I can’t help wanting them to cram in as much (and as many characters) as possible. After all, part of the fun of the last book is that we get to see again so many of the characters we’ve met in previous years.

Posted by Arithmancer on March 08, 2009, 12:13 AM report to moderator

Looks like a good choice! I loved the Shell Cottage scenes in DH!

Posted by AubNoelle on March 08, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator

"So you mean the Stone's only safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape?" said Hermione in alarm.[br] "It'll be gone by next Tuesday," said Ron.