Dung Gone It! More Rumblings on Deathly Hallows Casting for a Smelly, Sneaky Thief

DH Film
March 08, 2009, 05:57 PM

Dung gone it, we have more rumors today regarding a possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Word has it that the part of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher (who is,in the words of Snape, a 'smelly sneak thief') will be portrayed in the Deathly Hallows films possibly by character actor Andy Linden. A photo of the actor can be seen here, and here, with footage of Mr. Linden at the premiere of his recent film The Secret of Moonacre, here. Andy Linden also had a small role in the film "State of Play," which was directed by David Yates, who is of course helming both the Deathly Hallows films. As readers will recall, Mundungus Fletcher has a pivotal role in the events leading to the Seven Potter scene early on in the final Harry Potter novel.  Please note, as with the other casting rumor of late, we are awaiting official confirmation,and thus we continue to urge caution and keep this in the rumor category for now. More when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Peeps_reduced_dscn0087_thumb

This will make Sue happy. She says on the Pottercast that she wanted to see Dung

Posted by huffledor on March 08, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Wow!! Loads of news for a Sunday!!

From the pics he looks perfect for the part!! I bet WB regret writing Dung out of OotP now!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on March 08, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator

thats cool but one thing.
did we just FORGET that he wasn’t cast in 5…
hahha.
i mean. in 7 we’ll be in a brand new setting and have no clue who all these new characters are?

Posted by john-robert. on March 08, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

He’d be a good Dung :D

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on March 08, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

This is only a rumor so I’m trying to not get too excited but I am hopeful that so many rumors are flying around, about the minor characters being cast, would indicate that a lot more of the storylines, people & places will be included in DH.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 08, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator

not totally how i pictured him but still not bad!

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on March 08, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

I guess he looks good for the part, but I always pictured Mundungus to be much, much younger. * shrug *

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on March 08, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_03_thumb

I hope these rumors are true, I would love to see the Kreacher beating up Dung scene

Posted by Gryffindorprincess09 on March 08, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Crim0304_thumb

wow, he’s much older than i expected

Posted by Sally_Zaar on March 08, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator

his face looks good, I dunno just cast him anyways and every1 will be happy :)

Posted by Gingergirl26 on March 08, 2009, 07:34 PM report to moderator

Interesting. As with Bill, I didn’t really expect Mundungus to be in the movies at all. It makes me really curious to see what the script of DH is going to be like. If these rumors are true, it’s going to be significantly different from what I expected.

Posted by badger666 on March 08, 2009, 07:40 PM report to moderator

I’m always so amused when mundungus shows up, he’s such a ratty but great character. That guy looks great and i hope he does have some screen time in DH! :P

Posted by fresh-pickled toad on March 08, 2009, 07:47 PM report to moderator

I have always had andy serkis in my head Mundungus. Still shocked that there considering to keep him in, well rumoured to be anyway.

Posted by EyeEye on March 08, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Dung is awesome.. tho I imagened him to be younger..

Posted by Niphai on March 08, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

John-robert, that’s how I feel as well. These actors look fantastic, but how are they going to explain who these guys are, or how Dung stole the locket when we’ve never seen them before? I guess we’ll find out eventually

Posted by mollywobble on March 08, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator

"My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think [i]I'd[/i] done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress se