Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Yeah I think Rupert was talking about his expectations before the last book was released and it seems as if he expects they will use Dan, Emma, and him to play the trio 19 years later. Interesting,

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on March 08, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Luna_shoes_thumb

I can’t wait for these movies! I’m also really relieved that they are aging the original actors – it would feel so wrong if there were other actors at the end…

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on March 08, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

Should be a nice ending, with them age’d up

Posted by Anvi on March 08, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

Nice, I can’t wait to see Part 2 of DH and to see the trio grown up on the big screen. It’ll be so sad though, because it’ll be the last HP film made. (Suppossidly)

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 08, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
216cougar2_thumb

so that mans that they have not shown the part two script, only the part one. they don’t even know the scenes to come in part two.

Posted by Arthur22 on March 08, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Yay! I do hope they just age the trio and Bonnie up and not hire strangers for the part. It would be way too impersonal if they cast new actors. I hope and hope! :)
Love Rupes! Rupes is awesome! :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 08, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
B100feeling_thumb

I hope Dan,Emma, and Rupert will be the actors for the epilouge :)

Posted by hermione467 on March 08, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Me_and_thumpa_thumb

these day its easy to age people with make up and visual effects.
so they cant leave the movie with rambon actors.

Posted by PineApple / Ananas on March 08, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

It will be really neat to see them older! I agree with everyone else, they should use Dan, Emma, Rupert, and Bonnie, just with different make up and digital effects! Can’t wait!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 08, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Cool. Sounds as if they might use Dan Rupert and Emma and “age them up” a bit. I hope so, I don’t want anyone else portraying these charatcers. It can be done.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 08, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator

Yes me too. I’m happy that that the less faces we’re going to see are Dan, Rupbert, and Emma not some actors we’ve never seen.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 08, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Img_e015_thumb

It’s so good to see Rupert giving interviews and talking about Deathly Hallows. I’m so happy that they are going to age up the trio…this is so good!!!!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

There are so many aging tricks you can do with film that it would be rediculous for the studio to hire different actors.

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on March 08, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_hg_thumb

It’s good that they’ll stay for the epilogue. :D

Posted by Edza on March 08, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

I’m curious where Part One will end…

and I still think Evanna Lynch should be the only one to decide if a given scene, line, shot or anything is truly in line with the spirit of the books ;-). Can we get her imperial veto powers?

Posted by budb on March 08, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

When Hermione had bustled off to check on the Polyjuice Potion again, Ron turned to Harry with a doom-laden expression.[br]"Have you ever heard of a plan where so many things could go wrong?"