New Cover Art for Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages Due July 31, 2009

Companion Books
April 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Bloomsbury, the UK publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, has announced they are re-releasing two of the companion books this summer: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Due to be released July 31, 2009, you can see here in our galleries the new artwork for Fantastic Beasts, and the new Quidditch cover art here.

The Bookseller cites a spokesperson for Bloomsbury as saying :“There are always new Harry Potter readers coming to the series each year who will be looking for other exciting things to read.” According to the article the two books "will again raise funds for the charity with £1.15 from each £4.99 title sold going to Comic Relief." "Previous editions of the book were published in a slim format similar to the £1 World Book Day books but the latest editions will be chunkier versions comprising 128 rather than 96 pages, including the original illustrations. So far, according to Nielsen BookScan, Fantastic Beasts has sold 509,473 copies while Quidditch has sold 491,853."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

You_know_poo_who_thumb

Aww I have to get them too now heheee. I do think that it spoils it a bit by having JK as well as “Newt Scamander” Hmm suppose you’ve gotta’ put it there so people know she wrote it :/

Posted by Happy_Orange on April 15, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator

I wish the U.S. would come out with new cover art for these two AWESOME books.

Posted by on April 15, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Yay! New Potter books to buy. I’ve had the others since the day they were released so I’m excited for the new spiffy coverart!

Posted by joelface on April 15, 2009, 11:35 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

I’m TOTALLY getting these… since moving away from home I can’t find my orginal ones… the publishers are trying to do another Beetle the Bard cos – lets face it – they could end up doing just as well!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 15, 2009, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Mongolian_grill_028_thumb

I likes ’em!

Posted by Jennie Rae Urban on April 15, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Good_times_008_thumb

If they are from Bloomsbury, does that mean they’re only available in the UK or can American’s get them too?

Posted by penni_cent on April 15, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

i already own them but thats awesome :D

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on April 15, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

Cool!

Posted by saffran { roar } on April 15, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

can’t wait!!

Posted by DanielleD on April 15, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

i need it!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 15, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Wow. I guess I’m going to be shelling out some more cash.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 15, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

good, it’ll be an excuse to buy them agin… not that I wouldn’t anyway.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on April 15, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb
1911 Points

Harry’s B-day!! I’ve had my US editions since i was 7…thats 7 years now!!

Posted by TheWeasleyClan on April 15, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

That’s cool, but I liked the originals. I’m going to get these, though, so that way I can have both versions. . . . And I’ll have a reason to buy more HP related books :)

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 15, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator

thanks JKR it will be good to have them out again updated.

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 16, 2009, 02:24 AM report to moderator

"Sibyll's prophecy could have applied to two wizard boys, both born at the end of July that year, both of whom had parents in the Order of the Phoenix, both sets of parents having narrowly escaped Voldemort three times. One, of course, was you. The other