Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hogwarts_thumb

EPIC

Posted by Blast-Ended Skrewt on April 16, 2009, 11:18 PM report to moderator

It is a very good trailer. I think it will be my favorite movie so far.

I only regret that they cannot keep Rowling’s ideas intact. I’m not saying keep every scene, but more that they keep her message. In the movie, Dumbledore says, " Your the chosen one, Harry…you have no choice." While I think he actually said those words, there was a lot more nuance in the book, as Dumbledore is all about choices. In the book, he says that Harry and Voldemort must meet, but not because of the prophecy, and then he demonstrates how love is what will motivate Harry, not some prophecy. I know it’s hard to keep that kind of nuance and dialogue in a movie like this, but it makes me a little sad that people who will never read the books will miss out on the real depth of the books.

Oh well. It was a good trailer. It will be fun to have a Harry Potter event to go to again.

Posted by Steve K on April 16, 2009, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Luna-spectrospecs_thumb

That was awesome but it is making me dislike warner bros even more for making us wait.

Posted by zonkos big customer on April 16, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

holy mackarell!! that was the best one out of all!! :P

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on April 16, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

all I can say is OMFG!

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on April 16, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Luna-spectrospecs_thumb

is it just me or is that book hermione whacks ron with 1000 magical herbs and fungi?

Posted by zonkos big customer on April 16, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

I really like the new pictures ;) two of my favorite charecters playing the best sport ever invinted!!!!

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on April 16, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Q3_thumb

I…..need to change my pants

It is SO much better in HD
…and it took me and hour to get on this site LOL

Posted by KennedyJames on April 16, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

omg. this is brilliant. I’m so f-ing excited! I actually got a little teary-eyed because it all looks so good. I know there are things WB had to do, but i think they may be for the best for people who haven’t seen the movie… anyway. * will proceed to watch this over and over and over* AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!!

Posted by scarletti1 on April 16, 2009, 11:35 PM report to moderator

I was so happy at the end of the clip that my eyes were a little watery. How embarassing! LoL.

Posted by on April 16, 2009, 11:36 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

Draco saying “I have to do this” made me sympathize for him. Although I am not really an H/G shipper, I liked them holding hands as a genuine show of affection.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on April 16, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

my god—that was—my god. OH MY GOD!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!! that was effing AWESOME, it might have kill me!

Posted by Shalanarah on April 16, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

ok, i’m going out on a limb and say that the wand raising bunch looks likea Dumbledore’s funeral/memorial they look pretty sad

Posted by Amy Darlene on April 17, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Oh god that was awesome. Draco? All emotional ‘I have to do this’ lol

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on April 17, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Ss_chp11_thumb

This trailer is so amazing!

Posted by sgarime1 on April 17, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Of course we still want to know you!" Harry said, staring at Hagrid. "You don't think anything that Skeeter cow -- sorry, Professor," he added quickly, looking at Dumbledore.[br]"I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said, Harry," sa