Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game Release Now June 30?

Video Games
April 18, 2009, 07:20 AM

Note:if you are looking for information on the new Half-Blood Prince trailer, screencaps, posters and more, be sure to check this post.

Reuters has a new article regarding the video game industry and their struggle in these tougher economic times, with the piece noting there will be some good news this summer as "in June, Electronics Arts will release the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" game to coincide with the film of the same name by Warner Bros Pictures."  While only last week, retailers had the release dates reading July, however as of today on Amazon, all the various platforms of the new HBP video game now reflect a June 30, 2009 release date.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released here in the US and Canada on July 15; you can read the current international list of release dates here.  Be sure to check out the latest trailer released last month here, and our collection of stills from the game, here.

Update: Thanks to Emma from SS who owled to say Amazon UK now has their date a few days later at July 3rd.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

You_know_poo_who_thumb

I’m excited I admit. But it’s not fair that the Uk never get anything first :( Suppose thats life ahh well… Still excited though, i’m going to be after you US owners on the Wii asking for an insight!! :D

Posted by Happy_Orange on April 19, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

Well thats exciting.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 19, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Small_thumb

yay!!! I wonder what they will do for deathly hallows. Will the video game be in two parts?

Posted by grednforge7 on April 19, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I think I would still like to wait until after the movie to play it.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 19, 2009, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Yay! I love when the games comes out before the movies becase you like get a sneak peek at the movie!!!!
(i am sooooo going to in trouble with my mom for playing allll day!)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on April 19, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Oooh I’m looking forward to this game, I hope it’s true! If amazon says so, I have a good feeling about it.

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 19, 2009, 11:00 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i cant wait i havent had any good games for my wii in a long time.

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 20, 2009, 12:58 AM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb

Yay cant wait :)

Posted by Frances Anne on April 20, 2009, 07:27 AM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

ooh yay i’m excited!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 20, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

What on earth? The game before the film? I for one won’t be getting it earlier than the film if it is out then. Would completely ruin it for me. :S

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 21, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

i was expecting it to come out a bit earlier than the movie but what ever. i don’t know if i’ll get it unfortunately, if it has online and i can play with hundreds of people then ya i’ll get it for sure if not than i’ll rent it.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on April 21, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator

YEA IT SOON WILL BE OUT

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 21, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I wonder if the PS3 version is any better than the Wii version, or vice versa?

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 21, 2009, 09:43 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

I loved the last game. Although some will disagree I thought it was the definitive HP game. The amount of effort that went into modeling Hogwarts was ridiculous!

Posted by akcorr on April 21, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Woooooo!!!!! I love the games. I saw on IGN that they said it came out in august – I was shocked! I’m so glad that it will be released earlier than that.
I was a bit disappointed with OOTP on Wii but I’m playing it again and it’s pretty good. Didn’t we all want to explore Hogwarts? Now we can and we can play the game at the same time because we had to do things for other students. Think about that.
I can’t wait for Quidditch again. I just want to play it. I’m sure it will be great, but you know they can’t make it perfect. At least they are spending a lot of time and effort making the games.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on April 22, 2009, 02:56 AM report to moderator

"The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.... Professor Trelawney, bless her, is living proof of that...."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014