JK Rowling and Scholastic Donate One-of-a-Kind Set of Signed Harry Potter Books to LeakyCon

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
April 22, 2009, 12:46 PM

Only 29 days left until LeakyCon 2009, and today we have another huge announcement:

J.K. Rowling, author of Harry Potter, and Scholastic, the publisher of the Harry Potter books in the US, have donated a signed 10-book set of American Edition Harry Potter books for fundriaising at LeakyCon. This set is the only one like it in the world. It includes all seven Potter novels as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Scholastic donated the books for our charity conference, and J.K. Rowling has signed them.

Again: This priceless, collectible set of Harry Potter books does not exist anywhere else in the world - it is a one-of-a-kind item donated for LeakyCon and ONLY REGISTERED LEAKYCON GUESTS will have a chance at bringing the set home. You can register for LeakyCon here.

We will have more details on how to enter to win the set, including pictures of the set, before the conference.

MORE IMPORTANT REMINDERS!:

In addition to registration, which is flying, tickets to our two announced keynotes are going FAST, so make sure to amend your registration to include:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg: A special first - a discussion with the scribe behind the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Join us as we discuss the process of adapting the most popular book series of all time to film, followed by a Q-and-A session. We are also doing a special competition on Twitter: If you tweet the phrase "Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter of HP5, will be keynoting @leakycon2009, visit http://www.leakynews.com for details!" you will be entered to win a ticket (you should NOT wait to find out if you won to buy a ticket: if you win and already have a ticket we will reimburse you!). ($60 ticket includes high-quality catered lunch; register at this link.)

Nosh with the Nerdfighters: John and Hank Green of Vlogbrothers fame have built a community around the idea that smart is the new cool, and that brains will always (if eventually) win over brawn. Naturally, the Harry Potter community was the first to catch on to their awesome ideas and has been a huge part of their growth. Come for what's sure to be a hilarious and enlightening time. ($30 ticket includes cookies and snacks as well as programming; register here).

Remember, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

You can see our slate of programming at this link.

Remember you can register for the conference here; you can get a room at our special rate (running out!) at this link.

Remember: The absolute ONLY way to be entered to win the set of signed books is to be registered at LeakyCon.

We have one more keynote to announce and lots more to highlight before LeakyCon: See you in Boston in 29 days!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Capture_thumb

wow!

Posted by ChaseT on April 22, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

amazing!!! whoever wins I hope you can take pics of the books to share with us?? omg i would be so tempted to just dump like two weeks salary to win this…..AND it’s for charity!!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 22, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Oh my goodness that’s SUCH an amazing prize!! I am extremely jealous of whoever wins it but it’s awesome that a hardcore fan will get this!

Can we see a picture though, just to drool over? Pleeeease? :)

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 22, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator

great! lucky!

Posted by on April 22, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
My_owl_thumb

By Jove! I’m officiallly super jealous of everyone going! xD
So officiallly, I put three ’l’s in my officiallly….

Posted by Sorcha on April 22, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
King_s-cross-station---harr_thumb

FML. Why must I not be able to attend Leaky Con =(

Posted by Arka on April 22, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator

oh my goodness. i unfortunately cannot attend because my high school leaving exams will be a few short after leakycon. however, yay to whoever will get the set! :)

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on April 22, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
N1248240434_30147444_9975_thumb

MERLIN’S BEARD! You are making me really regret deciding to call it quits on cons for the year…

And I am extremely nervous to see who the last keynote speaker is. If it’s who I think it is…dare to think it is…gosh, maybe I should register right now, just in case…hyperventilates

Posted by David on April 22, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

That would be soooo cool, wish I could go!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 22, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Vivi_avie_thumb

Wow, two amazing announcements in a row! Signed books? Q&A with Michael Goldenberg? What’s next? JKR herself making an appearance?! LeakyCon is going to rock!!

Posted by tryston009 on April 22, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I am so happy that I am going to LeakyCon!!!!!!!!!!!! (I signed up as soon as registration opened.) I wish they would hurry up and tell us more info about how to win the books. When I read this, I honestly think that I almost had heart attack. I am still trying to slow down my breathing and heartrate. I probably will have a heart attack or pass out if one of friends or I won this.

Posted by Miss Freewind on April 22, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

WAT.

EPIC.

NOW I WILL CRY EVERY NIGHT FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. CURSE YOU, TLC!

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on April 22, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

wow how cool

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 22, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

Well as if LeakyCon wasn’t already going to be the best of it’s kind ever, AND be done all for charity, NOW THIS!
I think that LeakyCon just got as much as an official “Stamp of Approval” from JKR as any convention could ever hope for, by receiving this amazing gift to the cause.
I wish I could attend, but for those who will be there I think the announcements this week have proven that Leaky does it right.

Posted by realspace on April 22, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

OMG. I can’t believe it.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 22, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You have no subtlety, Potter," said Snape, his dark eyes glittering. "You do not understand fine distinctions. It is one of the shortcomings that makes you such a lamentable potions-maker."