JK Rowling and Scholastic Donate One-of-a-Kind Set of Signed Harry Potter Books to LeakyCon

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
April 22, 2009, 12:46 PM

Only 29 days left until LeakyCon 2009, and today we have another huge announcement:

J.K. Rowling, author of Harry Potter, and Scholastic, the publisher of the Harry Potter books in the US, have donated a signed 10-book set of American Edition Harry Potter books for fundriaising at LeakyCon. This set is the only one like it in the world. It includes all seven Potter novels as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Scholastic donated the books for our charity conference, and J.K. Rowling has signed them.

Again: This priceless, collectible set of Harry Potter books does not exist anywhere else in the world - it is a one-of-a-kind item donated for LeakyCon and ONLY REGISTERED LEAKYCON GUESTS will have a chance at bringing the set home. You can register for LeakyCon here.

We will have more details on how to enter to win the set, including pictures of the set, before the conference.

MORE IMPORTANT REMINDERS!:

In addition to registration, which is flying, tickets to our two announced keynotes are going FAST, so make sure to amend your registration to include:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg: A special first - a discussion with the scribe behind the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Join us as we discuss the process of adapting the most popular book series of all time to film, followed by a Q-and-A session. We are also doing a special competition on Twitter: If you tweet the phrase "Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter of HP5, will be keynoting @leakycon2009, visit http://www.leakynews.com for details!" you will be entered to win a ticket (you should NOT wait to find out if you won to buy a ticket: if you win and already have a ticket we will reimburse you!). ($60 ticket includes high-quality catered lunch; register at this link.)

Nosh with the Nerdfighters: John and Hank Green of Vlogbrothers fame have built a community around the idea that smart is the new cool, and that brains will always (if eventually) win over brawn. Naturally, the Harry Potter community was the first to catch on to their awesome ideas and has been a huge part of their growth. Come for what's sure to be a hilarious and enlightening time. ($30 ticket includes cookies and snacks as well as programming; register here).

Remember, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

You can see our slate of programming at this link.

Remember you can register for the conference here; you can get a room at our special rate (running out!) at this link.

Remember: The absolute ONLY way to be entered to win the set of signed books is to be registered at LeakyCon.

We have one more keynote to announce and lots more to highlight before LeakyCon: See you in Boston in 29 days!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Avatar_nerd_thumb

Okay, I REALLY want to go! I hope I can make it in ’11…

Posted by Imperiused! on April 22, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

That is an amazing thing to donate! Kudos to Jo and Scholastic! I also love the idea that they’re supporting LeakyCon – this fandom is huge!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 22, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator

Oh my gosh… I am praying to win the lottery so I could buy that… crosses fingers

Posted by Misteria [WBM] [UWS] [LL] [WTHDWUBWRS?] on April 22, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Wow, that is AWESOME!!! Unfortunately for me, living in Australia, I can’t register for LeakyCon.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 22, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator

Not that you could buy that, though…. but I want one! If I had enough money…. never mind.

Posted by Misteria [WBM] [UWS] [LL] [WTHDWUBWRS?] on April 22, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

oh wow that is awesome..
you go Jo! :))
i would kill for those books..as would anyone else haha

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on April 22, 2009, 09:48 PM report to moderator

I want one…. no, make that two!

Posted by Misteria [WBM] [UWS] [LL] [WTHDWUBWRS?] on April 22, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

wow! What news!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 22, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Ginny-weasley_thumb

Awesome prize wish i could go!!!!

Posted by bellamarie95 on April 22, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator
Avatars_mvoies2_misc_07_thumb

Wow..that sounds so cool! I live in Boston and yet I won’t be there for LeakyCon…wish I was though. Whoever wins that will be so lucky!

Posted by AM02135 [ROAR] on April 22, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Great just one more thing to make me wish I was going

Posted by Jersey on April 22, 2009, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter6-harryhermioneclass_thumb

I want to go sooo badly..but seeing as how I live in the oc and I’m 13 yrs old I can’t..my parents would never take me..:(
Well have fun everyone who’s going.!

Posted by daisy.(roar!)<3 on April 22, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

How I want that~

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on April 22, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator
Yr

I live in Australia so unfortunately can’t attend, but i’m really glad that these awesome signed copies will end up where they belong – with a true HP fan :)

Posted by kath on April 23, 2009, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Kp_thumb

Wow that’s Awesome!

Posted by kirsten on April 23, 2009, 12:45 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"There are other ways of flying than with broomsticks," said Luna serenely.[br]"I s'pose we're going to ride on the back of the Kacky Snorgle or whatever it is?" Ron demanded.[br]"The Crumple-Horned Snorkack can't fly," said Luna in a dignified voice...