JK Rowling and Scholastic Donate One-of-a-Kind Set of Signed Harry Potter Books to LeakyCon

Fans
Posted by: Melissa
April 22, 2009, 12:46 PM

Only 29 days left until LeakyCon 2009, and today we have another huge announcement:

J.K. Rowling, author of Harry Potter, and Scholastic, the publisher of the Harry Potter books in the US, have donated a signed 10-book set of American Edition Harry Potter books for fundriaising at LeakyCon. This set is the only one like it in the world. It includes all seven Potter novels as well as Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Scholastic donated the books for our charity conference, and J.K. Rowling has signed them.

Again: This priceless, collectible set of Harry Potter books does not exist anywhere else in the world - it is a one-of-a-kind item donated for LeakyCon and ONLY REGISTERED LEAKYCON GUESTS will have a chance at bringing the set home. You can register for LeakyCon here.

We will have more details on how to enter to win the set, including pictures of the set, before the conference.

MORE IMPORTANT REMINDERS!:

In addition to registration, which is flying, tickets to our two announced keynotes are going FAST, so make sure to amend your registration to include:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg: A special first - a discussion with the scribe behind the screenplay for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Join us as we discuss the process of adapting the most popular book series of all time to film, followed by a Q-and-A session. We are also doing a special competition on Twitter: If you tweet the phrase "Michael Goldenberg, screenwriter of HP5, will be keynoting @leakycon2009, visit http://www.leakynews.com for details!" you will be entered to win a ticket (you should NOT wait to find out if you won to buy a ticket: if you win and already have a ticket we will reimburse you!). ($60 ticket includes high-quality catered lunch; register at this link.)

Nosh with the Nerdfighters: John and Hank Green of Vlogbrothers fame have built a community around the idea that smart is the new cool, and that brains will always (if eventually) win over brawn. Naturally, the Harry Potter community was the first to catch on to their awesome ideas and has been a huge part of their growth. Come for what's sure to be a hilarious and enlightening time. ($30 ticket includes cookies and snacks as well as programming; register here).

Remember, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

You can see our slate of programming at this link.

Remember you can register for the conference here; you can get a room at our special rate (running out!) at this link.

Remember: The absolute ONLY way to be entered to win the set of signed books is to be registered at LeakyCon.

We have one more keynote to announce and lots more to highlight before LeakyCon: See you in Boston in 29 days!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

15ppnr5_thumb

I think it is really awesome that Jo Rowling did that! I hope it will go to a really deserving HP fan who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford it if it wasn’t restricted to LeakyCon guests only! Go LeakyCon!

Posted by KimmyZ on April 23, 2009, 01:27 AM report to moderator

Will this be an auction-type scenario, or will it be more of a raffle? Just wondering, because I’d be way too broke to participate if it was the former…

Posted by Cody (slythphoenix) on April 23, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

I think I’m going to stop looking at the news update for the next, oh I don’t know, 28 days or so. I don’t think I can handle all of the envy that seeps from my pores every time I hear something about LeakyCon.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on April 23, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

Michael Goldenberg – the Best Scriptwriter the series has had!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on April 23, 2009, 09:10 AM report to moderator
Lisa_picture_thumb

Cody, from what I’ve heard, it is going to be a raffle, not an auction. We want all guests to have an opportunity to participate and have a chance to win this amazing set of books.

Posted by Questauthor on April 23, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator
Emma1232_thumb

Squeeee! This is Great! I’m sooo happy to be able to go to the Leaky Con! =) Sorry for all those who can’t come =(

Posted by Emma Lily [Kiwi] *WBM* on April 23, 2009, 10:07 AM report to moderator

@Questauthor Thanks, that makes me much more excited about this!

Posted by Cody (slythphoenix) on April 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Love to have that set, but sadly I can not attend. Oh well, there is next year! Good Luck to the ones that are going!!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on April 23, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator

That is awesome!

Posted by badger666 on April 23, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

OMG HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE??

I can’t believe it – if only I wasn’t 15 and living in England :*(

Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

wish i could have my books signed

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on April 23, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

Yay! I can’t go!

Posted by kayzz on April 23, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

That would be so freakingg cool!! Too bad I can’t go :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 23, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb

That’s cool. I wish I was able to go

Posted by Ariel on April 23, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

That is amazing – how wonderful of her!

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 23, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Terrified? I hope I, Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, have never been guilty of cowardice in my life! The noble blood that runs in my veins --"[br]"What blood?" asked Ron. "Surely you haven't still got --?"[br]"It's a figure of speech!"