First Look! Shell Cottage Under Construction in Wales

DH Film
April 24, 2009, 01:22 PM

Several weeks ago we reported filming for the Shell Cottage scenes would take place in Wales, with crews due to arrive for work before the main filming next month. Today, TLC is delighted to bring you the first photos of the house under construction on the coastline in the Pembrokeshire area of Wales. Notably, as seen here, we can see the details of the stone house being built, on a beautiful coastline, all which will be the site of the emotional scenes with the Trio and dear Dobby.  You can see the rest of these photos here in our image galleries.

The main filming for the Shell cottage scenes are due to take place on location next month, May 11 to May 15th, in Wales.

Thanks ever so much J & M!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Bearcry_thumb

wow it’s beautiful, I want to live there-

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 24, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Kyron_trucks_-_copy_thumb

The cottage looks very lovely. I hope the film makers weave their special effects magic so that the house is set on the edge of a cliff like described in the book. I so can’t wait for this movie…

az

Posted by agentzac on April 25, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Img_0656_thumb

The pictures look great. Dobby’s funeral better be as good as he deserves.

Posted by kylejhood on April 25, 2009, 02:16 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

thx 4 the pics!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 25, 2009, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Avpmpeoic2_thumb
2012 Points

It’s lovely, but nothing like I pictured it… For some reason I always thought of a tidier version of the burrow..

Posted by - Mishh. (WBM) on April 25, 2009, 06:45 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

It looks really, really beautiful. I can’t believe it, they really have got it right.

A perfect place to lay Dobby to rest. :*(

Ravenclaw_thumb

That will look so great

Posted by BlackCat13 on April 25, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

they are going to bury dobby in sand? i always pictured it on a grassy cliff overlooking the ocean, with the garden out front and such.
it is nice though =)

Posted by splinch on April 25, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

Not exactly how I pictured it, but still awesome. I especially love the ocean view. Beautiful. A beautiful last resting place for Dobby.

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on April 25, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Oh, I like it – I want to go live there!

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 25, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Oooo, it looks great! Beautiful location!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 25, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Img_7524_thumb

Oh, it looks perfect!! I’m so glad!! :)

Posted by RavenclawDancer on April 25, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

those pictures are great!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 25, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

squee! it looks so lovely and relaxing. I never thought that Fleur would live in such a house. I thought her to be grander

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 25, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

It’s just amazing. Perfectly how I imagined!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 25, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Er -- I don' want ter be rude," said Hagrid, staring at [Umbridge], "but who the ruddy hell are you?"